Looking for advanced riders | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for advanced riders

Define "advanced". Define "spirited".

"Advanced" sport riders end up at the race track sooner or later.

Riding groups are a mixed bag. There are those who go from one coffee shop to the next restaurant in the shortest distance. There are those who wear clothing with some sort of insignia to indicate that they "belong" to something. There are those who ride poorly but as fast and noisily as possible all the time while attracting as much attention as possible and end up with no driver's license, or worse. And there are those who ride conservatively but well, managing risk while attracting as LITTLE attention as possible.

Finding compatible riders ... is up to you.

Riding groups are a mixed bag. There are those who go from one coffee shop to the next restaurant in the shortest distance. There are those who wear clothing with some sort of insignia to indicate that they "belong" to something. There are those who ride poorly but as fast and noisily as possible all the time while attracting as much attention as possible and end up with no driver's license, or worse. And there are those who ride conservatively but well, managing risk while attracting as LITTLE attention as possible.

I think he's just looking for some peeps who can keep up a good pace, could be wrong

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

I think he's just looking for some peeps who can keep up a good pace, could be wrong

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

It was a polite reply to attempt to steer him away from trouble. Any "advanced" riders that welcome a stranger with 2 posts on a "spirited" ride are going to do their best to lead him into an early grave

But "good pace" could mean 200+ km/h in a straight line while parking it in corners (if they ever see any) ... or going steadily at 80 km/h and not slowing down.

The former situation is all too common. The latter is all too rare. The former will attract every cop in the area and make every other driver on the road who has a cell phone call *OPP to file complaints. The latter will give very few people an excuse to complain. The former requires next to no skill. The latter can require quite a bit, depending on the road.

Most people who participate in the former, don't grasp the concept of the latter ...

Original poster perhaps could explain what he is looking for.

And again, the really "advanced" sport riders are at the race track. And with that ... here's the training course to take. www.racer5.ca

Spirited could me doing 70 in a posted warning corner of 50
advanced may mean 100 in that same corner or would it be 120 or more.
So what is your perception of advanced.

In my experience, most rides that are posted as 'spirited' or 'advanced' typically means 172 territory. Not my kind of style, personally...given the repercussions should a cop be around the next corner.

In my experience, most rides that are posted as 'spirited' or 'advanced' typically means 172 territory. Not my kind of style, personally...given the repercussions should a cop be around the next corner.
This is going to be dumb but what's 172 territory?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

This is going to be dumb but what's 172 territory?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

HTA172 -- Essentially the 50+ km/h over & stunting/racing law.

Honestly the best thing imo is to find a few friends who ride and like to ride at the same/similar pace you do, and ride with them. I belong to a few groups, but really prefer to ride with maybe a select 5-6 different individuals when I'm not riding solo.

My own riding style is to maintain as close as possible to the same speed on straightaways and on corners.

Slow enough on straightaways so as to not attract too much of the wrong kind of attention, but maintain enough speed in corners to have at least a little bit of entertainment.

You haven't stated whether your idea of a "spirited pace" is consistent with that description (in which case you are welcome to join us on Thursday evenings - see the rides and hookups section), or whether you just want to go 200 km/h on straightaways (in which case, do it someplace else).

I keep the actual speed contests to someplace where the winner carries the checkered flag around for a lap.

lol it's like asking people if they are good drivers, hell yea will say everyone.

Subscribed

You are bringing logic to gtam again....
simple answer. the assassin's rides. end of discussion. if you cant keep up. you aren't worthy. he knows how to filter out the noobs.

Last edited:
simple answer. the assassin's rides. end of discussion. if you cant keep up. you aren't worthy. he knows how to filter out the noobs.
Damn just randomly met the assassin at the ice house and he invited me and a buddy for a ride. I should of taken up his offer to see what all the fuss is about. Seemed like a really nice guy

Back
Top Bottom