Notthereforyou.ca | GTAMotorcycle.com

Notthereforyou.ca

Delboy

I recently did some work for Engage Canada which is the company behind Notthereforyou.ca.

This is a new business venture by Don Guy who was Dalton's right hand man.

The current campaign is focused on Harper and is being funded by mainly by CUPE and other unions, but the organization was set up as an outside group to influence federal elections and from what I can understand they are non partisan and will effectively lobby for anyone provided they are paid. Are we ready for this type of politics?

Cuts both ways: conservative pac is behind "Trudeau, just not ready" ads.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/the-threat-of-the-pac-mentality/article25083379/

I'm no fan of Justin Trudeau, I think he's been a huge disappointment so far but, I'm a bigger hater of lies and deceit, which is what the "just not ready" ad is based on.

1) Using just part of a sentence is truly taking something out of context. Trudeau said: "“The commitment needs to be a commitment to grow the economy and the budget will balance itself." Which is true. In a strong economy, budgets are easy to balance because with high employment there is greater tax revenue available to the government.

2) "Trudeau wants to send winter parkas to Syria. How is that supposed to stop Isis?" Well, it's not. It was a humanitarian gesture for refugees from the regional conflict who needed to flee to the mountains where is is cold in winter at higher elevation.

3) "Trudeau wants to end income splitting. I guess pension splitting for seniors is next." No it's not. Trudeau has stated he supports pension splitting. Income splitting benefits wealthy families (with one highly paid spouse and a stay at home spouse), the most and does little for lower income families who would actually need some tax relief.

Last edited:
Cuts both ways: conservative pac is behind "Trudeau, just not ready" ads.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/the-threat-of-the-pac-mentality/article25083379/

Actually. I think you totally missed my point.

I'm not defending Harper or Trudeau. In fact I'm a disenfranchised Liberal who worked on John Turner's campaign when I was at college but will be voting for Mulcair this year.

My point is there are an enormous number of companies like this in the US. They are non partisan but any group or special interest group can pay (Buy) them to spin and sell their particular political point of view, whatever it is - WMD, Climate Change, Bill Clinton and Monica......

Most are run by ex-lobbyists and ex Madison Avenue ad people and actually many swim both ends of the pool at the same time.

Is it just an extension to the advertising business or is it actually unethical?

The interesting thing in Canada is it gets around the $150k CUPE contribution limit if they can kick it off before an election has been officially called.

Having said all that I'm sure Don will be great at it as he got Dalton elected 3 times :)

Last edited:
Then I agree with you. Money should not be able to buy elections.

Watch harper "drop the writ" early, because a longer election period allows for more money to be spent, and the conservatives have a deeper war chest.

Last edited:
I am sick to death of political campaigns that consist of "the other guys are actually Satan". That there is a mercenary industry behind it doesn't surprise me - someone had to figure out how to profit off the large amounts of money parties set aside for this crap

Seconded. Voters, people, need to strike ballots to make a statement.

Too often people do not vote because there is no incentive to vote for anyone in particular. Officially strike the ballot to indicate dissatisfaction with all parties, that will be recognized and put on the books. A lack of votes from an uninterested population just puts the onus back on the people to be more accountable, when the onus should be on the folks looking for the vote.

This.

I really don't know who to vote for. Maybe the Green Party to help them get some funding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vote ABC.

Seconded. Voters, people, need to strike ballots to make a statement.

Too often people do not vote because there is no incentive to vote for anyone in particular. Officially strike the ballot to indicate dissatisfaction with all parties, that will be recognized and put on the books. A lack of votes from an uninterested population just puts the onus back on the people to be more accountable, when the onus should be on the folks looking for the vote.

Last I heard there is no option to decline your ballot in a federal election. Only provincial.

No option? It's a vote, there is always an option. Just strike it - run a nice fat line through the ballot. It invalidates the ballot, but you are still recognized as having voted. If enough people can express their disinterest by striking the ballot, that will have to be recognized.

Last I heard there is no option to decline your ballot in a federal election. Only provincial.

Extra cost to taxpayers in millions of $. Thanks Steve.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fed...-launch-campaign-as-early-as-sunday-1.3172602

"Until last year, the spending limits were set no matter the length of a campaign, the minimum amount of time for which is 37 days (with voting day falling on the 37th day). But the Conservatives' Fair Elections Act provided for the parties' $25-million limits to be increased if the campaign is longer than 37 days: for each additional day the limit is increased by 1/37th, or an extra $675,000."

Because the Cons have more $ to spend.

Last edited:
I hate the ads. I actually want to vote Trudeau because of the attack ads. They keep kicking him, but I have no clue what their platform is.
Wasn't there a Richard Pryor movie -- None of the Above?

Notthereforyou-
None of them are there for us...
It is all a bunch of ********- The manipulation and psychological scheming has been going on for a LONG time...and it is not going to go away.
Ever heard of Edward Bernays?
Politicians picked up on his work and now we have the 'None of the above' political 'choices'.
This video looks into how the politicians looked to psychology and marketing to sell their 'truths', rather than actually standing for any real ideals.
Bottom line-We are ****ed.

[video=dailymotion;x2d2l73]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d2l73_the-century-of-the-self-part-4-of-4-eight-people-sipping-wine-in-kettering_school[/video]
VOLUME ALERT!

Last edited:
I read another interesting article based on some of the thoughts of Gavin Newsom and others, who postulate that technology has effectively made Parliament or any other form of legislator obsolete.

The whole premise behind the parliamentary system was that back in the middle ages, a bunch of villages in England would get together and send someone up to London to represent them, and make sure their views were heard.

Technology has changed that model. I should be able to watch or contribute to any debate in a virtual forum and then personally vote to accept or defeat the motion. Why do I need to elect someone, send them to Ottawa, pay for them to be there, and they eventually end up voting along party lines anyway, regardless of my opinion.

Its an interesting premise.

I read another interesting article based on some of the thoughts of Gavin Newsom and others, who postulate that technology has effectively made Parliament or any other form of legislator obsolete.

The whole premise behind the parliamentary system was that back in the middle ages, a bunch of villages in England would get together and send someone up to London to represent them, and make sure their views were heard.

Technology has changed that model. I should be able to watch or contribute to any debate in a virtual forum and then personally vote to accept or defeat the motion. Why do I need to elect someone, send them to Ottawa, pay for them to be there, and they eventually end up voting along party lines anyway, regardless of my opinion.

Its an interesting premise.
It is very interesting, just like a conversation I had recently with my wife regarding how technology (Google Self-Driving Car Project) must be leveraged / used as a tool to reduce the number of OPP police officers on the payroll (in the next 30 years, a percentage of the officers will have to find a new job, just like 50% of Canadian politicians). Exciting times.

Never vote for an incumbent, or anyone that has held a political position in the past. End the "career" of being a politician. It will save millions in pension long run as well, until they change the rules on pensions of course. They are all just pigs at a trough. Treat them that way.

Back
Top Bottom