Three topless ladies riding bicycles @ Kitchener... and then... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Three topless ladies riding bicycles @ Kitchener... and then...

I am a bit confused. What did the officer do that really requires any action. He seemed to be simply ignorant of the right of the individual. He did not take any action from the reports that I read that would be considered unlawful.

Did I miss something in the articles?

cop did nothing wrong, "ladies you need to put some shirts on" ??? maybe it was community service and they needed to put some shirts on. Not all boobies are awesome, some are like beer gutted dudes.

15mins of fame..........over

cop did nothing wrong, "ladies you need to put some shirts on" ??? maybe it was community service and they needed to put some shirts on. Not all boobies are awesome, some are like beer gutted dudes.

Would the cop ask a man to put his shirt on?

Nah, he wouldn't. Even if his boobies are nasty.

The truth is that the cop is projecting his own biases (mid-20th century morality), and making up laws to satisfy himself. What's next for this cop? Tell my wife that she cannot vote on October 19? So yeah, the cop screw up.

Standing up for ones rights and freedoms is not a selfish thing to do because it benefits everyone in our society who elected representatives that implemented those rights and freedoms. And it educates both citizens and the law enforcers.

Another case in point is that of building security guards telling people they can't take pictures of certain buildings without the owners' permission, while the photographer is standing on public property.

Last edited:

No point in defending the officer. This forum and some people have made it clear that cops are the root of all evil and can do no right. The officer messed up? Sure it's possible he's human. But from what I'm reading he moved on and let it be. These ladies decided to crank up some 15min of fame flames and that's what they got. I'm sure her album has seen a bit of a spike in sales.

I am a bit confused. What did the officer do that really requires any action. He seemed to be simply ignorant of the right of the individual. He did not take any action from the reports that I read that would be considered unlawful.

I was listening to an interview with one of the sisters. He told them that it was illegal to be top less and they needed to cover up. He also stated that there had been complaints, but changed his story when the recording started to a "bicycle safety check".

Two sides to every story and twelve versions of a song. Odd part (to me) is when was the last time you got stopped on a side street by a cop for an equipment check? This is why I believe the sisters version.

I was listening to an interview with one of the sisters. He told them that it was illegal to be top less and they needed to cover up. He also stated that there had been complaints, but changed his story when the recording started to a "bicycle safety check".

Two sides to every story and twelve versions of a song. Odd part (to me) is when was the last time you got stopped on a side street by a cop for an equipment check? This is why I believe the sisters version.

I believe the sisters version. I also believe the cop was acting on his belief that keeping the peace was part of his job. He also may not have even been in the service when the Guelph girl set precident. And I guarantee not all officers and or lawyers no all the laws, its why they have big libraries at law offices, prosecution and defense.
Sure he " backpedaled" with a bicycle check when the recorders came out, what cop needs that turd to polish on his shift.

And the sisters , if they had one brain between the three, would know there are wicking garments, coolmax ect that are more effective than being naked.

It was a cry for attention, sadly Im giving it to them.

I believe the sisters version. I also believe the cop was acting on his belief that keeping the peace was part of his job. He also may not have even been in the service when the Guelph girl set precident. And I guarantee not all officers and or lawyers no all the laws,...

Which is why it was a good thing that the girls made an issue out of it, for educational purposes.

I believe the sisters version. I also believe the cop was acting on his belief that keeping the peace was part of his job. He also may not have even been in the service when the Guelph girl set precident. And I guarantee not all officers and or lawyers no all the laws, its why they have big libraries at law offices, prosecution and defense.
Sure he " backpedaled" with a bicycle check when the recorders came out, what cop needs that turd to polish on his shift.

And the sisters , if they had one brain between the three, would know there are wicking garments, coolmax ect that are more effective than being naked.

It was a cry for attention, sadly Im giving it to them.

I would maybe, kind of agree with you, a little bit... except that... topless girl does not equal disturbing the peace.
There was no need for the cop to be "keeping the peace". As I wrote above, it seems that the cop was simply making up laws / complains to force them to cover themselves, so he could fulfill his own sense of modesty.

Exaggerated example: What happens if a Canadian cop stops a woman on Yonge St. and tells her to cover her face with a niqab, because there is a law in Ontario that requires her modesty? Wouldn't you think there is something wrong with the officer, by making up laws that do not exist? Pretty much the same thing happened in Kitchener...

you should always go with the exaggerated example: A, because it wont happen here and makes no sense , B, looking for a completely unrelated example within a remote scope of possibility is more amusing, C, all of the above.

Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn........

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn........"
Quote of the year, right there. Still laughing.:)

you should always go with the exaggerated example: A, because it wont happen here and makes no sense , B, looking for a completely unrelated example within a remote scope of possibility is more amusing, C, all of the above.
Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn........

Too bad the exaggerated example didn't help you to understand my point. Let's see if you can do better than me - Please go ahead and explain your reasoning... if you can do it without any examples, you'll get bonus points and I'll buy you a double double.

Tell me more about why the sisters should not formally complain to the brass...

"Hey *******, turn off the chainsaw, its past 10:30, its against the law!"
"nope, daylight savings was yesterday and its now 9:30!"
"oh, my bad, carry on"

except that now, the chainsaw dude is going on camera to garner 15 min of fame for being harassed. Then went ahead to make a rally in support of his rights, where a whole bunch of other late night chainsawers showed up. They didnt change anyones minds, or bring more awareness, as all those present we're already in agreement.

Why shouldnt sister complain to the brass? Easy. Were they actually charged or arrested? No? Was a law actually broken by the officer asking for them to cover up. Yes he was mistaken and should have his peepee slapped had he actually charged the girls with a law that doesnt exist.

A cop can walk up to me and tell me the sky is green all he wants. Its his opinion. If im so weak minded to succumb to his peer pressure, well, thats on me. The second he arrests or charges me for the green sky, we gonna have a problem.

I remember the hubbub when this topless thing was first legalized. The real problem is the women notexercising their right more frequently so we all become familiar.

Well you did use a REALLY exaggerated example.

Too bad the exaggerated example didn't help you to understand my point. Let's see if you can do better than me - Please go ahead and explain your reasoning... if you can do it without any examples, you'll get bonus points and I'll buy you a double double.

Tell me more about why the sisters should not formally complain to the brass...

they shouldn't complain since no charges were laid, it appears to be a misunderstanding of applicable laws. They were stopped for a perceived misdemeanor , and after a brief chat sent along on their merry way, titties in the breeze. Going to the station and the media was looking for a confrontation on what is largely a non issue. they have since spent significantly more time doing interviews and pressing the issue than they probably spent talking with officer Bob. Interesting when they arrived at the station they donned tops before entering.

Wonder if the sister that is also a recording artist has seen a jump in sales on iTunes..........

I'm still waiting to see a picture of said 6 boobies....

they shouldn't complain since no charges were laid, it appears to be a misunderstanding of applicable laws. They were stopped for a perceived misdemeanor , and after a brief chat sent along on their merry way, titties in the breeze. Going to the station and the media was looking for a confrontation on what is largely a non issue. they have since spent significantly more time doing interviews and pressing the issue than they probably spent talking with officer Bob. Interesting when they arrived at the station they donned tops before entering.

Wonder if the sister that is also a recording artist has seen a jump in sales on iTunes..........

the cop didn't start backpedalling until the incident started being recorded, so who knows, maybe he was just trying to assert his authority... since we are not in a police state (yet), we don't have to do what a police officer tells us to because they feel like flexing their might and what you're doing is not against the law

I gotta agree, c'mon-who doesn't know that women have the legal right to go topless?

I'm not anti-cop, few of my crew are cops. Saying that they act like ***** sometimes, because they can. I get it, they are authority figures and are trained in certain responses. Hard to kick that sometimes. Still ***** when they wanna be (as I am too).

Back
Top Bottom