Three topless ladies riding bicycles @ Kitchener... and then... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Three topless ladies riding bicycles @ Kitchener... and then...

MarcosSantiago

In 1991, Gwen Jacobs walked topless in downtown Guelph and was fined $75 for public indecency. 5 years later the charges were overturned and it was ruled that women could be topless in Ontario without qualifying as an indecent act.

If it is already in the books for so many years, how come we still have uninformed police officers?

What's the big deal anyway? We all have boobies, don't you know?

The CBC reports the following events...

"Three Kitchener, Ont., sisters are planning to file a formal complaint after they say they were stopped by a police officer for cycling topless.

Tameera, Nadia and Alysha Mohamed took off their shirts while riding their bikes in downtown Kitchener on Friday evening because of the heat. They say they received mostly positive reaction, until a police officer stopped them on Shanley Street.

"He said, 'Ladies, you need to put on some shirts,'" said Tameera Mohamed. "We said, 'No we don't ... it's our legal right in Ontario to be topless as women.'"

The officer said there had been complaints, according to Mohamed. She said the officer began backtracking once her sister, Alysha, began recording with her smartphone. The officer then denied having pulled them over for riding topless, before letting them continue their ride, Mohamed said.

"We went on our way and went straight to the police station to report it," she said.

The women are holding a rally in uptown Waterloo on Saturday to support the desexualizing of women's bodies. Shirts will be optional."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...opped-by-police-for-cycling-topless-1.3169479

Group ride downtown Kitchener? I hope I don't get disappointed

Well, probably not. One of the sister is the lovely Alysha Brilla.

http://www.riffyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Alysha_Brilla1.jpg
39954_600x400.jpg

Free boobies are a great thing, but... 15 minutes of fame is 15 minutes of fame.

If you guys do a group ride, I highly recommend swinging down to LA Franks in Cambridge for lunch.

I get the why.

Not the he said she said afterwards with the cops. As a top less woman you had to know you were going to a)attract attention and b)expect some lashback.

Why she didn't record the entire thing is beyond me, especially since she has since cried foul. I don't doubt the cop was inaccurate, but shake my head at them not being ready for it.

Boobies are awesome

I get the why.

Not the he said she said afterwards with the cops. As a top less woman you had to know you were going to a)attract attention and b)expect some lashback.

Why she didn't record the entire thing is beyond me, especially since she has since cried foul. I don't doubt the cop was inaccurate, but shake my head at them not being ready for it.

Boobies are awesome

No plans for organizing something similar in Brooklin?:)

Attention whores are gonna attention whore. Nothing wrong with what they did and I support it but I don't support them starting demonstrations, and going to the cops over one mistake a cop made. Dude got complaints from some fat chicks that were getting rustled cause they caught their husbands looking and he did his job and acted on them. Yes, he was not aware of the law and should have left them alone but this is such a rare law that needs to be enforced that I think the dude can be forgiven for not remembering what it states. He realized he made a mistake after and left. What's the big deal? Oh, that's right, they want their 15 minutes of fame and want to scream injustice when there wasn't any. Sounds like the dude make an honest mistake. He's a cop, not a lawyer.

My concern is that some knob driving an SUV distracted by bouncing boobies will hit one of us. Distracted drivers is what we don't need on the road.

Safety first!

"The women are holding a rally in uptown Waterloo on Saturday to support the desexualizing of women's bodies. Shirts will be optional."

For the record, I am all for this motion. Everyone's got nips, let 'em free if you care.

That being said, this is like trying to put out a flame with gasoline.

People's perceptions need to change before a rally of this nature can be effective. People who are already on the right side of the fence will support this, because they understand that women deserve this right, and deserve to be treated with respect.

But they're not the target audience, these people are already convinced. The rest of the crowd who don't get it are just going to see a bunch of topless woman and have a pants-off party. This does nothing to inform them, to encourage them to be understanding and respectful. It just fuels their sexist fire.

Want to desexualize the image of woman's bodies? Stop using them to sell everything under the sun. How many of the women who will be present have purchased ANYTHING which has used the sexualization of a woman's body to sell it? A piece of clothing, cosmetics, magazines, even food? Hell, do any of them listen to top 40 radio? That **** is littered with every form of over sexualized propaganda. But, of course, the second you tell a well know and influential "artist" to not sexualize themselves, either in their image or their words, you become a terrible person for "taking away" their right to express themselves. No one is accountable for their actions, only their reactions. There needs to be a balance, and an expectation from people who have a strong influence. It's one thing walk down the street topless on a hot day, and another to sell your *** on an album cover for fame. The latter only promotes the kind of thing so many women try to put an end to.

For me, the biggest issue is the cops.

How is it possible that the police is trying to enforce a law that doesn't exist?

A cop that is not aware of the law perhaps should not be allowed to be a cop at all. On top of knowing, officers need to show common sense, discretion, and good judgement, so the community trust them. Otherwise we have these kind of situations... imaginary offenses...

This treat is nothing without pictures .If they wanted to make a point put the pictures out there .

It's going to be a hell of a long time before a woman with her breasts exposed on the street will be no big deal with men who are attracted to them.

Why can't we roam the earth as God intended?

I say protest with bottomless Thursday.

It's going to be a hell of a long time before a woman with her breasts exposed on the street will be no big deal with men who are attracted to them.

I don't think it will be a long time. We are quickly moving away from the USA "think-model" into a more European framework, and this kind of thing happens there all the time. Remember the video from Paris, a few years ago? Just one example... nobody called the cops... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHF3X8tQYPU

So... who went to the rally? :p

A bunch of people went topless... big freakin deal... people chanting... the end...

I wonder, what happens now to the officers?

[video=youtube;Z4cjZJfZ2zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4cjZJfZ2zo[/video]

Back
Top Bottom