Looking for a "Mandarin' speaking ride school | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a "Mandarin' speaking ride school

I guess the real question is you say she has had her g licence for 5 years, and is intelligent so presumably she has been residing here for at least 5 years and is still young, so why hasn't she at least picked up enough rudimentary English to at least be able to participate in a course? I can understand someone living here in their 70 - 90's not picking up the language, but as you describe an intelligent educated woman in her 40's no real excuse.

I guess the real question is you say she has had her g licence for 5 years, and is intelligent so presumably she has been residing here for at least 5 years and is still young, so why hasn't she at least picked up enough rudimentary English to at least be able to participate in a course? I can understand someone living here in their 70 - 90's not picking up the language, but as you describe an intelligent educated woman in her 40's no real excuse.

OT: In my area there is absolutely no need to learn English to live here. We have numerous grocery stores, home reno, large malls, any and all services anyone would want, all in Mandarin. I have neighbours who have relatives that visit for 6mo-1yr in my area, who are very happy here, all without learning a speck of English. We have 2 local swimming schools that hold lessons in Mandarin and English. Banking at TD in Mandarin, no problem, there are a couple of branches, and the ATMs also support Chinese. The library in my area, Agincourt, has the largest selection of Mandarin books, videos and DVDs in Toronto. We have government translation services for most things. With the internet they have access to news from China, or better still, Chinese satellite tv. I really do not need to speak a lick of English here.

Of course I try to encourage them to learn English, all the while explaining this to them in Mandarin. The irony. If something in English needs translation or clarification to Mandarin, I get a knock on my door.

Anyway, good luck finding a Mandarin speaking motorcycle coach.

I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese but I am the man for this job cuz.... FOR FIVE DOLLA ME LUV U LONNGG TYME

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese but I am the man for this job cuz.... FOR FIVE DOLLA ME LUV U LONNGG TYME

You haven't got an infraction yet?
I smell one coming

OT: In my area there is absolutely no need to learn English to live here. We have numerous grocery stores, home reno, large malls, any and all services anyone would want, all in Mandarin. I have neighbours who have relatives that visit for 6mo-1yr in my area, who are very happy here, all without learning a speck of English. We have 2 local swimming schools that hold lessons in Mandarin and English. Banking at TD in Mandarin, no problem, there are a couple of branches, and the ATMs also support Chinese. The library in my area, Agincourt, has the largest selection of Mandarin books, videos and DVDs in Toronto. We have government translation services for most things. With the internet they have access to news from China, or better still, Chinese satellite tv. I really do not need to speak a lick of English here.

Of course I try to encourage them to learn English, all the while explaining this to them in Mandarin. The irony. If something in English needs translation or clarification to Mandarin, I get a knock on my door.

Anyway, good luck finding a Mandarin speaking motorcycle coach.

I agree, but if she is 40 and has both a Porsche SUV and an Audi...where does she work? Outside of retail/service, wouldn't any job require 'better than basic' English skills?

Btw, not sure if it is true, but I had someone tell me once that if you apply to T&T as a cashier, the application asks what language do you speak, and the options are 1. Cantonese 2. Mandarin 3. Other. lol

I ...where does she work? Outside of retail/service, wouldn't any job require 'better than basic' English skills?

l

Not if she works in an environment that has the same people.
For what? For me love you long time? This is canada man we don't have Saudi Arabian rules here

Trolling

Not if she works in an environment that has the same people.

Trolling

16fe9fd077eace88b65f6cc17b1f8043.jpg

Seconded..and if I may add this small point: being a motorcycle rider makes you part of a unique group of people. The last thing our group need is another reason for people to start attributing the wrong attitudes toward us...again.

But the local rules rules and regulations are there for a reason and people shouldn't be trying to find ways to 'fudge the system'. It's just another form of cheating in the end, isn't it?

But the real question is this: : if she is a seasoned rider why is she not pursuing an international motorcycle license??? There is a provision for those who are experienced riders who are not nationals.

A fair question.

My Two Cents,
:)

Last edited:
how is she expecting to be able to read / comprehend our road signs and directions if she cant understand english?
...should learning the language not be her 1st priority?

Seconded..

Seconded..and if I may add this small point: being a motorcycle rider makes you part of a unique group of people. The last thing our group need is another reason for people to start attributing the wrong attitudes toward us...again.

But the local rules rules and regulations are there for a reason and people shouldn't be trying to find ways to 'fudge the system'. It's just another form of cheating in the end, isn't it?

But the real question is this: : if she is a seasoned rider why is she not pursuing an international motorcycle license??? There is a provision for those who are experienced riders who are not nationals.

A fair question.

My Two Cents,
:)

IDP is only one year isn't it?

So, she's been riding motorcycles since her 20s and still require lessons? What kind of lessons does she need? The controls and movement on the bike are universal, if she just need help on the M1 part then she just needs a translator.

Back
Top Bottom