Trouble selling an older/heavily used car | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trouble selling an older/heavily used car

gixxer_flexx

Looking to sell 2000 acura. Had problems last year so I received a conditional pass for it. Been almost a year so I need to figure out something to do with it.

If im not mistaken, emissions needs to pass to transfer ownership correct? Does Safety need to be done as a mandatory test to transfer ownership or just emissions? She has seen better days, probably worth under 5K, but I dont want to sink time and money into it just to net 200 bucks.

Realistically I need tires, brakes, headlight, emissions and might not pass safety unless i fix the passenger door as it doesnt open unless you pull on the door nipple from the inside.

If if is too expensive to fix it for emissions (lets say needs new cat.) what are my options? Just drive it to the junkyard? Im not looking to buy another car from the dealership so thats out of the question.

Scratching my head here as to what I should do...any advice?

looking to sell 2000 acura. Had problems last year so i received a conditional pass for it. Been almost a year so i need to figure out something to do with it.

If im not mistaken, emissions needs to pass to transfer ownership correct? Does safety need to be done as a mandatory test to transfer ownership or just emissions? She has seen better days, probably worth under 5k, but i dont want to sink time and money into it just to net 200 bucks.

Realistically i need tires, brakes, headlight, emissions and might not pass safety unless i fix the passenger door as it doesnt open unless you pull on the door nipple from the inside.

If if is too expensive to fix it for emissions (lets say needs new cat.) what are my options? Just drive it to the junkyard? Im not looking to buy another car from the dealership so thats out of the question.

Scratching my head here as to what i should do...any advice?

LOL, prolly under $500

Options:
Drive it t the junk yard and they will buy it for a few bucks.
Donates it to a charity and they will likely come pick it up and give you a tax deductible receipt (considered a donation).
Put it up on Kijiji and price it accordingly and wait for the ******** to begin.

I would go with option 2.

Based on your description it is worth maybe 500 as daught noted. Maybe 5K if it was in good shape, no issues, certified and etested....

It can be sold and the new owner will have to reg it as unfit. No big deal.

Scrap yard will give you around 300 for weight if you don't want to waste your time on kijiji.

Options:
Drive it t the junk yard and they will buy it for a few bucks.
Donates it to a charity and they will likely come pick it up and give you a tax deductible receipt (considered a donation).
Put it up on Kijiji and price it accordingly and wait for the ******** to begin.

I would go with option 2.

One thing I want to address: I believe when I called Kars for Kids for a coworker, they told me that it was a tax credit, rather than a donation (tax deduction). I may be mistaken, but deduction is %, whereas credit is full $ amount. And they give you blue book value. Best option, if you don't get what you want/ don't want to deal with Kijiji, imo.

If someone were to buy that car to drive it, then yes, it has to have a safety standards certificate and it has to pass Drive Clean properly (no "conditional pass").

Depending which model Acura, you *might* find someone in an enthusiast group to buy it if they need parts. (I sold a high-mileage Jetta to a fellow VW enthusiast who had his own shop, and he fixed it up - I sold it together with a written "to-do" list! - and put it back on the road)

Failing that ... [video=youtube;tShUtfIwFZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tShUtfIwFZo[/video]

You can sell cars "as is" and do not need to do anything... it doesn't seem like it is worth this car to fix unless it is a sought after collector car (e.g. NSX...)

You don't need a safety or emissions. Just put it on Kijiji for like $2000 and you'll probably sell it for like $1000.

Back
Top Bottom