Insurance for a Ducati? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for a Ducati?

optionfa

So it's been a while since I bothered with insurance hunting, rode an SS since I was 22 so it was Statefarm or nothing..

I now have a Ducati 848 streetfighter and am a 28 year old professional (engineer), I don't even know if this bike is considered a super sport??

Are there any other companies worth looking at other than SF? They are currently charging me $170/month and I would ideally not have to pay that much lol

Wow , I am older then you so I am sure that helps but my hyper 1100 is $75 a month... However I don't think it's classified as SS. I use Allstate, give them a call

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Gotta be at least 30 and have full M before Allstate will consider you.

Thanks guys ill try TD MM

I'm with Allstate now... 35 yr old M2 2014 R6 $106/month full coverage (I do have auto coverage with them so there probably is some sort of discount in that). State farm tried increasing my rates 40%+ plus this year for no reason.

My agent said they don’t insure Sport bikes as standalone policies there. Plus, you would need to have your full M in order to get bike insurance with us as well. Unless you have been with them for auto insurance for min 3years.

First off, it doesn't matter that your a professional (engineer), don't know what you you mean by this.

I am a professional in my mind , in my late 50's and it costs me closer to $2000 a year to insure a 1098, TD insurance

First off, it doesn't matter that your a professional (engineer), don't know what you you mean by this.

I believe TD gives discounts for people who have completed degrees or certifications that they are involved with. For example when I graduated U of G I got notice that U of G alumni get a certain discount with TD insurance. Probably the same idea for that PEO license he mentioned.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I am a professional in my mind , in my late 50's and it costs me closer to $2000 a year to insure a 1098, TD insurance

Umm.. porbably because some insurance companies specifically cater to licensed professionals? Also I just wanted to brag that I'm more educated than you sorry bud you caught me.

What does a "professional in my mind" even mean? Do you pay yourself an annual licence fee and print yourself a certificate? Because that sounds fun!

2010 Ducati 848 Superbike...I'm with TD, and pay $1300/yr full coverage, 44 yrs old. M license. Clean record. Only thing with TD is you pay full year in a 6 mth period (during summer)...so the monthly payment is rough...but then no payments during winter. No biggy for me.

Umm.. porbably because some insurance companies specifically cater to licensed professionals? Also I just wanted to brag that I'm more educated than you sorry bud you caught me.

What does a "professional in my mind" even mean? Do you pay yourself an annual licence fee and print yourself a certificate? Because that sounds fun!

Yes you are certainly more educated than me, I barely achieved High School, tough getting through .
I own a company.
Bloody insurance.....

Don't know if it's specific to me, but Intact got real cheap for me this year. Used to be with Jevco, rate jumped when Intact bought them. Switched to Allstate two years ago and saved about $500 a year.

Pricing for my KTM was more than I thought it would be so started shopping around. Intact ended up being cheaper for both bikes, by about $1k total a year.

Umm.. porbably because some insurance companies specifically cater to licensed professionals?

Yeppers. I'm with TDMM and they offer discounts for my work and my schooling. Only one can be applied however and turns out my schooling makes it the cheapest ($1100 full coverage on my 1000.)

Yes you are certainly more educated than me, I barely achieved High School, tough getting through .
I own a company.
Bloody insurance.....
Engineers are special because ERTW.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom