Provincial Park day pass - where to put it on bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Provincial Park day pass - where to put it on bike?

cmyk

So I was thinking of taking the bike to a Provincial Park to go to the beach, but the day pass permits are those plastic rear-view mirror hangers. Has anyone parked in a Provincial Park with a bike and where did you put that parking permit? It seems like it would stolen right quick if I simply hung the permit on the handlebars or mirror.

Do the parks charge the full day fee or do they charge a lesser fee for motorcycles?

Under the kickstand. I then take a picture with my phone in case it gets stolen.

One would think theft on permits should be low because to get in permit was purchased by all...well most.

You could get a small cable lock, puncture a hole through the pass and attach it somewhere on the bike?

325_combo_cable.jpg

i.e.: http://www.loginparking.com/holders.html

One would think theft on permits should be low because to get in permit was purchased by all...well most.

Plus the traffic is usually pretty low in these areas.

I'm used to paper permits that have your license plate right on them (i.e. completely useless to anyone else), do they not use those anymore?

Plus the traffic is usually pretty low in these areas.

I'm used to paper permits that have your license plate right on them (i.e. completely useless to anyone else), do they not use those anymore?
Actually I do believe you are correct. If they don't OP could request the plate number on it. They are also colored for the day.

Great suggestions... I ended up taking our SUV to the beach with the family and borrowed a season pass from a friend, so problem solved.

However I did see a few bikes parked there and looked pretty closely at them but didn't see a parking pass anywhere on them. Maybe security cross references the plate # with the permit on file at the office. Or if a bike were given a ticket, the rider could go to the office and show the valid permit to void the parking ticket. It just seems like a bad idea to attach the ticket to the bike, especially a paper one. It would just take one idiot/drunk fool, to rip it off for sh*ts and giggles, and spoil a good time.

Great suggestions... I ended up taking our SUV to the beach with the family and borrowed a season pass from a friend, so problem solved.

However I did see a few bikes parked there and looked pretty closely at them but didn't see a parking pass anywhere on them. Maybe security cross references the plate # with the permit on file at the office. Or if a bike were given a ticket, the rider could go to the office and show the valid permit to void the parking ticket. It just seems like a bad idea to attach the ticket to the bike, especially a paper one. It would just take one idiot/drunk fool, to rip it off for sh*ts and giggles, and spoil a good time.

Got any friends in Ottawa? They hand out motorcycle parking permit holders for free there that slip over your bars/grips and protect the paper from rain. Yes, some idiot can take it but that's what a receipt is for...to prove you paid for one.

This is what I love about Toronto! Everyone assumes that anything left loose will be ripped away from their possession but as soon as you are an hour away you run head-on into civilization where people just don't touch what isn't theirs.

Back
Top Bottom