Best way to get rid of a bee hive in the ground. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best way to get rid of a bee hive in the ground.

Jay72

Site Supporter
I have looked this up and wondering if any of you guys have a good solution to this. I have a bee hive in the ground in my back yard. Now yes I know that we need to save the bees, but my dog has been stung and it wasn't a good site, his face swelled beyond belief. So I need them dead!! If any of you have a fool proof one time solution to this it would be greatly appreciated. I have bought the Raid stuff that foams and it was $14 wasted.

Regular gasoline can be had in the $1.13-$1.20 per litre range.

Gas will work well. What time of day did you do this? If it wasn't after dusk then they may not have been in the hive.

I have looked this up and wondering if any of you guys have a good solution to this. I have a bee hive in the ground in my back yard. Now yes I know that we need to save the bees, but my dog has been stung and it wasn't a good site, his face swelled beyond belief. So I need them dead!! If any of you have a fool proof one time solution to this it would be greatly appreciated. I have bought the Raid stuff that foams and it was $14 wasted.
the foam works for me.

I had a wasp hive in the ground so similar , spray with foam until they are squirming ,vaccum up whole nest with shop vac , put in garbage bag, put in firepit...

OP, I totally get you need them gone, however, because of the dwindling bee population, I'm pretty sure that you could call a bee keeper, and they will gladly come remove them for free.
Otherwise, yeah gas and a match.

This might help

• Honey Bee Swarm on Private Property (Most honey bee swarms will re-locate in 24-72 hours)
For residents who think they may have a swarm of honey bees on their property please refer to the Ontario Beekeepers web site as there are many great photos of honey bees, swarms and local contacts for assistance. http://www.ontariobee.com/sales-and-services/got-a-swarm

If it's truly in the ground leaving a hose trickling on it for a day ought to do the truck. Dump some dish soap on first. Need the soap to break surface tension and drown em.

If if there is only one way in, you can set a vacuum at the opening in the morning when the leave, and at night when they are all coming home. This actually works well in houses etc. Collects bodies and reduces rot and such behind walls.

Is it bees, wasps, or hornets?

One of the funniest things I've seen was someone running around with a leaking gas can, being chased by the fire.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, 98% sure they are bees. Yellow fuzzy bodies, constantly coming and going. In wish they only lasted 24 too 48 hours, they been here for over as month. @joebass, in will firstly look up the beekeepers site that was posted and see if they want to co e and get them. Otherwise from all the reading inhqave done, the dawn dish soap and a bunch of water is best. Gas seems good too, as long and you don't lightnitnon fire.
To the guys that used the foam successfully, how did you get the foam way down the hole, my can didn't come with anything. I'm on night gonna sleep for a bit and make a plan of action for when. It gets close to sun down.
If you saw my poor boxer dogs face you would totally get why I want them gone.

Still haven't heard back from them..

That's strange. Be a pest. Call them again. Otherwise, you do what you gotta do.

Yup, I have now tried to contact two, just via e-mail as I work straight nights, but I think I will stay up for a bit and try and call tomorrow, if not, sorry to say but the bees are not gonna be in a good place.

Gars + styrofoam = home made napalm.

Pour some gasoline on it. Drop a lit match.

Walk away with your hands in your pocket while wearing sun glasses, get someone to take a picture and post it here.

I would drop an unlit match or no match. Raw gasoline will sting their eyes. A little tit for tat can be very satisfying.

油井緋色;2332854 said:
Pour some gasoline on it. Drop a lit match.

Walk away with your hands in your pocket while wearing sun glasses, get someone to take a picture and post it here.

That's the shiznit right there....or have them film it in slow-mo, with some GnR playing in the background....stop, take off sunglasses, look at camera and say " they won't bee back" ?

That's the shiznit right there....or have them film it in slow-mo, with some GnR playing in the background....stop, take off sunglasses, look at camera and say " they won't bee back" 

If you want to create real buzz have the master of ceremonies wear a yellow jacket.

Back
Top Bottom