Completely new to the world of Motorcycles - but very much in love !! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Completely new to the world of Motorcycles - but very much in love !!

zudeck

Hey everyone,

From the Oakville area, happened to fall in love with Bikes just recently for no reason. Don't quite know if its a bug or not, or a passing phase, time will tell.

I am a huge petrol head however, I work in the Automotive industry and drive a 300 HP Subaru WRX. But getting myself a bike lately has kept me up at night quite a bit. And not just any bike, I seem to have fallen in love with the Cafe Racer/Scrambler mix kind of machines. Something about them in a post apocalyptic poetic fashion seems to do it for me.

I am the ultimate noob in this forum, so apologize in advance for what may seem a silly question to you is probably something that prevented me from sleeping. Infact I am such a noob, I do not even know how to ride a motorcycle, or have my M1. I only recently picked up a Bell helmet so that my colleagues can teach me after work.

Currently trying to find a non-carbureted (I am told to stick to PGMFI, less hassle etc. etc.) donor chassis, that would be an excellent candidate for what I have in mind and also a looking for a shop to fabricate my ideas into reality.

Looking forward to gathering some excellent knowledge here.

Welcome to the forum!

Get your m1 & take a course. I'm guessing you're young, so the faster you do that, the more time you'll be licensed, the cheaper insurance will be when you are ready to ride.

I would suggest you make sure it's the Gearing Up course from the Canada's safety council. It's a standard curriculum no matter where you do it. Humber , CMA and I'm not sure if Sheridan still has it .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Why you slacking at 300hp?

Welcome :p

If you can deal with the mechanical nightmare of a WRX, I don't see why you should worry about whether or not the bike is fuel injected. Motorcycle carbs are dirt simple, maybe like 70% of the problems they might have are resolved by cleaning them, 20% of the problems are imagined, and the last 10% are caused by the owner

If you can deal with the mechanical nightmare of a WRX, I don't see why you should worry about whether or not the bike is fuel injected. Motorcycle carbs are dirt simple, maybe like 70% of the problems they might have are resolved by cleaning them, 20% of the problems are imagined, and the last 10% are caused by the owner

I don't happen to work on any of my cars, I can do an oil change, change out my tires, clean my filter but that's the extent of my skill set. Maybe that is the reason why people have said to stay away from Carb bikes, I am opposed to neither, mostly because I have no person experience in either. I hear cleaning the carbs seems to be quite the daunting task, maybe it's time I watch a video on this process.

Back
Top Bottom