How can I stop animals from coming in the back yard? Dog keeps killing them | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How can I stop animals from coming in the back yard? Dog keeps killing them

How can I stay mad at this face?

f.jpg

It's crazy with the mice. We walk in a wooded area and sometimes she stops and suddenly puts her head a bush and grabs a mouse or rat in her mouth out of it.

Crazy!

Go stronger .. coyote or wolf urine.

I'm in the same boat. 1 groundhog, 3 possums (caught but not killed), 1 rabbit, multiple mice and voles, 1 robin and 1 unknown. all in the last year.

It's crazy with the mice. We walk in a wooded area and sometimes she stops and suddenly puts her head a bush and grabs a mouse or rat in her mouth out of it.

Crazy!
Remember that video I showed you of a fox hunting mice? Dogs naturally hunt rodents

Your husky actually killed skunks? I've seen that fight go down before, and the skunk easily won

my dog got sprayed in the face last night...what a fricken smell!!!....couldn't imagine what it would be like if he actually got close enough to start fighting with it. He's a bull mastiff/st.bernard/rotweiller/boxer mix.

Skunk 1.... Tonka 0

Crazy!

Be a little careful with letting her catch mice and other small rodents... when near homes. I've known 2 dogs that died from poisoning. The one died after catching/eating rodents... Rodent was already poisoned. The other dog died after drinking out of a puddle that a poisoned rodent had died in/near....

Lots of diseases you and your pets can catch from mice, rats, rabbits, etc. Just read a comment on Reddit the other day about some terrible respiratory disease some guy's cat got from a rabbit it killed.

Hunting places sell coyote piss.
It scares off vermin.
As previously mentioned if a husky cannot scare a racoon, what makes you think a coyote will?

God luck finding fox or wolf urine available for sale in Ontario, its illegal to sell it. It will keep raccoons away but not skunks. Skunks don't actually have any predators (except untrained dogs) because a fox or coyote (smarter than most dogs) when it comes to skunks know if they get sprayed, and they will before its over, they don't eat again for about two weeks because every other critter smells them coming. Skunks only get eaten if the predator is starving.

OP , if you have a dog and can barely manage time with it, and cant commit to training, find it a home. Contact a husky rescue group and get the dog placed with somebody that provide what the animal needs.

There are several aspects of this video that I don't care for but it seems to show the no playing around attitude of the dog. It says raccoon but looks like a weasel to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm5Y0vpiGFQ
That dog reminded me about a dog we adopted many years ago. That dog has a killer instinct for other prey & it was a pain to get it out of him. Make it worse he was the strongest bugger I ever held, even with a choke chain on. Much bigger than that dog in the video.

We ended up giving him away because he was too much risks. I miss him though

God luck finding fox or wolf urine available for sale in Ontario, its illegal to sell it. It will keep raccoons away but not skunks. Skunks don't actually have any predators (except untrained dogs) because a fox or coyote (smarter than most dogs) when it comes to skunks know if they get sprayed, and they will before its over, they don't eat again for about two weeks because every other critter smells them coming. Skunks only get eaten if the predator is starving.

OP , if you have a dog and can barely manage time with it, and cant commit to training, find it a home. Contact a husky rescue group and get the dog placed with somebody that provide what the animal needs.

I bought coyote urine at LeBaron. It seems to work but my wife wondered how they collected it.

Farms, zoos and preserves.

Think plastic plate (this is how you get a dog sample) on a stick but industrialized.

Remember that video I showed you of a fox hunting mice? Dogs naturally hunt rodents

Every day in the field beside work. Head's under the snow more than it's above it.

IMG_0908_zpsgqy5rpwg.jpg

She doesn't eat them. She just kills them.

10336696_718980861491999_1189227980877585960_n_zpsyydl11md.jpg

Back
Top Bottom