Rebuilding a 2 stroke? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rebuilding a 2 stroke?

Saw 440C at 130 kph today.

Mechanic said he put it there because that was the closest it would fit. Not sure if that was because the probe was longer than the width of the pipe or what.

Saw 440C at 130 kph today.

Mechanic said he put it there because that was the closest it would fit. Not sure if that was because the probe was longer than the width of the pipe or what.

Those temps seem quite low. At what RPM did you see 440C?
I see 630C at the end of the straight at Mosport, about 600C at shannonville.
650-660 you start to melt pistons.

I install the sensor 12-13" from the piston. Your's is at least that far from the port. It will work for comparison purposes but I don't think you're getting a true reading of gas temps.

I have some "K" sensors that are much shorter if you want one.

Those temps seem quite low. At what RPM did you see 440C?
I see 630C at the end of the straight at Mosport, about 600C at shannonville.
650-660 you start to melt pistons.

I install the sensor 12-13" from the piston. Your's is at least that far from the port. It will work for comparison purposes but I don't think you're getting a true reading of gas temps.

I have some "K" sensors that are much shorter if you want one.

That was at around 8k I think. Maybe I can ride up there sometime and we can swap it to a different sensor in a different location? Although the exhaust is looking like it needs a good sanding and some paint anyway so maybe I’ll just pull it off the bike.

Was just looking at how EGT probes are installed and I think I'm correct that the length of the probe doesn't actually matter because you can just use the compression fitting to mount it as deep or shallow in the pipe as you need? I'm pretty sure the rest of the probe will fit up there under the fairings. Would look a bit funny if the bike were naked but otherwise I think it's fine. Am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom