Old guy, old bike, new license! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Old guy, old bike, new license!

Katman

That was fun. I wanted to return to motorcycling. Having not ridden for 30 plus years, I found the world has changed. I needed to go through the graduated licensing of Ontario, then as a "New Rider" find a bike I could actually afford to insure! It occurs to me that the motorcycle manufacturers need to better educate the insurance industry on what these new bikes are really like. A mature rider on a modern motorcycle is vastly less risk than the bikes and riders of just a decade ago. This doesn't seem reflected in rates, quite the opposite.

Welcome back to riding. I was in the same boat -- not riding for about 20 years and then doing the graduated licensing thing. Passed the final "M" road test last week, so I guess I'm good until I'm 80. ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Hi, and welcome. I'm old with an old bike too! Luckily I was able to hang on to my GM license from high school days.

Hi and welcome also. Old guy with a new bike. Have not ridden since 1990 when i sold my Radian. Still have my GM license.
Have fun and be safe.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome to GTAM :cool:

Welcome,
I'm an old guy with old and new bikes. Like them all.
First person in Quebec to actually get an "M" licence. Well tied for first there was one other guy who took the test with me way back when in Montreal.

Hey...

Old guy, old license, new bike here...

Similar story... Haven't ridden in 28 years. Decided it was time to take up riding again.

Why did you have to retake your Class M???

Last edited:
Hey...

Old guy, old license, new bike here...

Similar story... Haven't ridden in 28 years. Decided it was time to take up riding again.

Why did you have to retake your Class M???

He likely let it lapse. In Ontario if a class of licence is permitted to lapse for 10 years then you must start again in the graduated system.

Back
Top Bottom