Well... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Well...

Boots

This ever happen to anyone? LOL...
0c7f56f67bcabce0f04559ac60265e98.jpg

M/c trip to Americade, Laconia. Had soft panniers on sides of zx6, thankfully they hit the ground before the bike did.

Tossed my back out trying to right it. Discovered Alleve.

Crushed pop can will work in a pinch, or buy a parking puck.

common. I have a small section 6" x 6" sheet metal around 0.04" thick to fix this issue.

You can buy new material from home depot and just hammer it in.

Humber gave me a puck after completing their course. I thought it was used for parking on grass and stuff. Guess I'll use it for this if it's common.

Damn I'm happy it didn't topple over.

Metal light switch plate from home depot

Go to the next bike show, lots of Travel vendors give those pads out for free :) A can lid does the same trick for now :)

Couple of bucks at my local Yamaha dealer. Fits nicely under the pillion seat:

YamahaGenuineParts+Sidestand+puck.jpg

Yep, I've come out to find my bike leaned WAY over, punched through pavement. Meanwhile a couple gsxr's didnt even dent the pavement. Discrimination.

Couple of bucks at my local Yamaha dealer. Fits nicely under the pillion seat:

YamahaGenuineParts+Sidestand+puck.jpg

I have had one of those for about 15 yrs i think.i drilled a hole in it and tied a 4ft length of thin rope to it.It goes under the sidestand and the rope around the clutch lever and left grip when it's parked in any heat.At 900+ lbs,the couchrocket is good at wrecking pavement.

I've got the same Yammie one (the blue matches my 1000). Only the track bike has ever punched through the driveway and mostly becasue it sits way over on its side because of the raised suspension.

I modified my kickstand to support the bike in sand, etc... Definitely helps with the dreaded sink-in-asphalt. Images taken with a potato apparently.

k4OE4oG.jpg
On2KSrb.jpg

I bought and installed one of these so I can never forget a puck/lid/plate... also bought it for the ability to park in sand/gravel.

3975625.jpg

it is hot as hell out there, pavement is getting a little squishy in places

Frozen OJ lid. Cost is around a couple bucks, but you get to drink the OJ. I keep a couple in the left pocket of each of my riding jackets in case friends don't have one. Much easier to reach than under the seat.

That reminds me, I should go put one under now as its getting hot out there.

Last edited:
I bought and installed one of these so I can never forget a puck/lid/plate... also bought it for the ability to park in sand/gravel.

3975625.jpg

These really are the best solution. First thing I buy on a new bike. You can carry a puck or a piece of plastic and put it down, but aways a hassle. This option is simply and effective for pretty much everything when it comes to putting your bike on the side stand, gravel, asphalt, etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom