What's with GMaps ???!!!! - no more sharing button | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's with GMaps ???!!!! - no more sharing button

MacDoc

Site Supporter
There used to be a little gear wheel at the bottom with a drop down menu to allow sharing with a short link.

NOW what have they screwed up?? :rolleyes:

GF and I would plan bouncing maps back and forth. I guess we can use the direct link but it's long.

Did Microsoft buy them?

Top left, the three horizontal lines next to the arrow, car, bus thing. That opens a menu that has the share or embed option.

xBf94IN.png

U4v7tjE.png

Thanks - makes sense.
Still no obvious save feature and I imagine the limit on changes/additional destinations without going to the advanced. :-(

Their interface has gone to......... You may wanna look into OSM?

Under "my maps" you can create and share a map and save it

Yeah, is going to say that too. If you want to save and collaborate, MyMaps is what your looking for

For some reason all of the "free" stuff is gone. Now you have to sign in and share your data with the world.

Try http://www.plotaroute.com/ -- it is based on google maps, but has a lot more functionality when it comes to plotting a route, and it allows you to save as gpx, kml, or even straight to certain Garmin devices.

Since we are in the topic - any website I can plot routes with and transfer to Copilot GPS app?

What I find handy now is to build the route for a day trip or to modify an existing route using the "browse the map" feature on the Zumo 660 (device).

I still use HD Ride Planner when building maps for bigger tours.

I am certain that this should be easily done on the smartphone app.

Since we are in the topic - any website I can plot routes with and transfer to Copilot GPS app?

Last edited:
yea I also use the Browse map feature, that is pretty much how I have done all my routes including Spain and Portugal, but it takes time and the smart phone screens are small so it would be useful doing it in a laptop and then transfer.

What I find handy now is to build the route for a day trip or to modify an existing route using the "browse the map" feature on the Zumo 660 (device).

I still use HD Ride Planner when building maps for bigger tours.

I am certain that this should be easily done on the smartphone app.

Back
Top Bottom