Short Term Insurance & Cheapest Rate for Honda CBR 125 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Short Term Insurance & Cheapest Rate for Honda CBR 125

danw

Hey guys,

Are there any insurance companies out there that insure motorcycles on a short term basis? I'm looking for something that starts now and ends at the end of September, as I'll be leaving the country then.

Also, I'm 32 years old, perfect driving record and just got quoted $833/year on a Honda CBR 125 on insurancehotline.com. This seems rather high to me as several years ago I was paying about half that with State Farm. Does anyone know a company that insures these types of bikes for cheap?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Hey guys,

Are there any insurance companies out there that insure motorcycles on a short term basis? I'm looking for something that starts now and ends at the end of September, as I'll be leaving the country then.

Also, I'm 32 years old, perfect driving record and just got quoted $833/year on a Honda CBR 125 on insurancehotline.com. This seems rather high to me as several years ago I was paying about half that with State Farm. Does anyone know a company that insures these types of bikes for cheap?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Online quotes are hideously unreliable. Call a few brokers in person and see what you can get. You're out of the "danger" age so that should help.

They charge you based on the usage weighted to the summer months. So if a year policy is $1200 and you pay $100/mt and cancel after 1 month in summer, they will charge you maybe $200. The $1200 is based on 6 months of summer use for example. Check your policy particulars...it's in there.

They charge you based on the usage weighted to the summer months. So if a year policy is $1200 and you pay $100/mt and cancel after 1 month in summer, they will charge you maybe $200. The $1200 is based on 6 months of summer use for example. Check your policy particulars...it's in there.
Thanks for the info. Will check my policy.

Thanks for the info. Will check my policy.

Will be more than that. You pay at least 80% of premium between May & October iirc, but that's the idea.

SF:
Jan- 2%
Feb- 2%
Mar- 4%
Apr- 8%
May- 12%
Jun- 16%
July- 16%
Aug- 16%
Sep- 12%
Oct- 8%
Nov- 2%
Dec- 2%

Don't forget many companies also have a "cancellation surcharge" So ask the broker or agent EXACTLY what you will be paying from now till end of September. but expect most companies will be very suspicious, as more than a few used to do this in hopes of "saving money| over the winter which really no longer works

OP for your age and the CBR125 the quote seems high. Knock of comprehensive, theft, fire and get the basics. I'm assuming it is fully paid for.

For Co-operators I was told the cancellation charge is the rest of the year's premium.

Here's a trick I found out before. I think the Personal has a March renewal date for new policies. They would therefore write you up for not a complete year, but only up until March. Therefore you're not paying for a year and your premium would therefore be less. Then you cancel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom