Chalk River Ontario | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chalk River Ontario

statsman

Is anyone on the Forum familiar with this area?
A friend and I were scanning Google maps for Ontario earlier today. We were looking for out of the way parts of the province that might supply a good ride. As we were following the Ottawa River north from the capital, we came upon Chalk River.
There is an entire network of roads going west into the bush and going east over to the Ottawa River.The roads running west have names like Wylie Rd., Keane Rd., Leader Rd. and Bronson Rd.
They seem quite long and twist and turn a great deal. Exactly what we are looking for.
Is anyone familiar with this area? Has anyone ridden this area? What kind of roads are they. I am assuming they are gravel, but they may just as easily be dirt.
Is gas available? As I said some of the roads seem quite long and the presence of gas stations seems unlikely.
Needless to say it is a long trip up there and we would like to know what we can before we go.
Note, if you are going to check Google maps yourself, you have to zoom right in. The roads are barely there on the maps.

Last edited:
Well Wylie is paved ...

Streetview

Pretty nice area

Interesting bridge

no so sure about the sand

Last edited:
Have a look on ADV forums in the Ottawa regional section. I thought I saw some stuff there not so long ago.

Got some info from CanadianX on the Ottawa page of ADVrider.
While Wylie is paved, the whole area has gravel and dirt roads, snowmobile and ATV trails and hydro service roads.
Sounds like a promising location.
I don't know if I will make it up this year but its on my list for sure.

Isn't there a nuclear plant there? Armed guards there?

Noted

Back
Top Bottom