Bad mileage after valve clearance check for 06 ZX636, Help!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bad mileage after valve clearance check for 06 ZX636, Help!!

kickstartt

Hi everyone

My 2006 zx636 is getting really nad mileage right now after it had a valve clearance check and spark plug replacement with new ones.

the valves were fine, but the bike sounds louder than before and im only getting no more than 150km on 13L, where i used to get 200km+ easily before.
I dont ride hard and its of mix hwy amd city riding.

My tire pressure is normal, air cleaner is clean, fuel pump is clean and there is no leaks.

Has anyone experienced same issue with bad mileage after a tune up??

Please help
Thankd!

Last edited:
Who did your valves and service ?

I usually see the fuel economy or a tad better fuel economy after doing a valve service

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the valves weren't touched, the only thing I can think of is that the new spark plugs are not gapped properly or they are the wrong type.

Airbox not sealed properly on intakes maybe or a sensor was not plugged in any engine warning light

109 Cycle did my valve clearance check and they told me they're all fine, no adjustments needed...
No engine warning lights
I guess i could change the plugs myself again and see what happens or i gotta go back to them again...

Last edited:
109 Cycle did my valve clearance check and they told me they're all fine, no adjustments needed...
No engine warning lights
I guess i could change the plugs myself again and see what happens or i gotta go back to them again...

Call them up and arrange to take it back - they are pretty good people, if they missed something they'll make it right.

Call them up and arrange to take it back - they are pretty good people, if they missed something they'll make it right.

Yea i gotta call them back
Ive checked both the plugs, and air box, they are all fine

Back
Top Bottom