Smart watches? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Smart watches?

I have two Pebble watches. One for everyday use (the original one) and a Steel for 'dressier' functions.

I am using android but I know it works with iOS as well. There are hundreds of apps that can be downloaded to it (although I don't use any). Mine will show me all texts, emails and phone calls and battery level. btw, the battery last a week between charges (for me).

I think they range from less than $100 for the 'original', $150 for the Steel and $200 for the new Time (colour display and other new things)

Microsoft is supposedly iterating the Band very soon, so the first gen should be cheap soon - for some reason they never sold it here so I don't know if you'd run into problems.

i have:

Pebble
Qualcom toc
Samsung Gear
Sony smartwatch 2

Honestly they are all kinda crapy the smart watch thing was a flash in the pan thing and in its current form has no sticking power. That being said pebble is probably the best and works with IOS plus they have a new colour version coming out

I have the Basis Peak, it shows texts, calendar alerts, emails, etc, it tracks sleep, heart rate, perspiration, skin temperature, you name it. Screen is nothing to write home about, but it gets the job done. Battery lasts 4-5 days. They're improving it constantly with updates.

I have the Samsung Gear 2. Its not bad. Does what I want it to mostly. Which is be a watch, which has a customizable face. All the other stuff is just cool extras for me..

I have two Pebble watches. One for everyday use (the original one) and a Steel for 'dressier' functions.

I am using android but I know it works with iOS as well. There are hundreds of apps that can be downloaded to it (although I don't use any). Mine will show me all texts, emails and phone calls and battery level. btw, the battery last a week between charges (for me).

I think they range from less than $100 for the 'original', $150 for the Steel and $200 for the new Time (colour display and other new things)

I looked at the pebble, it's nice, looks like I can get it for 85$ in the USA but canada goes for $120-150. Doesn't do the sleep or fitness tracking but apparently it will control certain thermostats. Nice tech and was at the top of my list until I decided I wanted a sleep tracker.

I looked at the pebble, it's nice, looks like I can get it for 85$ in the USA but canada goes for $120-150. Doesn't do the sleep or fitness tracking but apparently it will control certain thermostats. Nice tech and was at the top of my list until I decided I wanted a sleep tracker.
You can install sleep tracking apps to your phone to try out the idea first. I used one for a week and then lost interest. Didn't really work as I hoped.

OTOH the new Pebble Time has the ability to be expanded with 3rd party wristbands that should be able to do all sorts of things, including sleep monitoring. No straps with special functionality exist yet, but maybe down the road.

There are hundreds of apps for the Pebble

below are two sleep trackers

http://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/549e2870fefc1d351e000058

http://www.mypebblefaces.com/apps/9400/7424/

Found an app that does both sleep tracking and pedometer. Decided to got with the pebble though bestbuy was sold out of the colour i wanted (had some credit from futureshop), one limitation is that you only get 8 active apps (though you can have more ready to go in the "locker" on the phone).
Found a pedometer/sleep app called "Misfit", trying it out though after the day yesterday it said I took almost 2x as many steps as my phone and other than the brief time when I was getting ready to leave the house I had my phone in my pocket the entire time.

Watch faces also count use up an app slot too but I found a neat one that does what I want called Sketchy - it sketches the weather, time and date.

Overall I'm happy with the watch, I may pick up a low cost dedicated activity/sleep tracker that syncs with the phone and doesn't actually display anything in the future.

What's the purpose for activity and sleep tracking? You mean it's like a calorie counter?

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

What's the purpose for activity and sleep tracking? You mean it's like a calorie counter?

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"
some will count calories, some just count steps taken/elevation/etc. sleep tracking tracks the quality of sleep you get. I see some complaints for some of the various activity trackers that it was counting arm movements when drinking and eating as exercise.

Found an app that does both sleep tracking and pedometer. Decided to got with the pebble though bestbuy was sold out of the colour i wanted (had some credit from futureshop), one limitation is that you only get 8 active apps (though you can have more ready to go in the "locker" on the phone).
Found a pedometer/sleep app called "Misfit", trying it out though after the day yesterday it said I took almost 2x as many steps as my phone and other than the brief time when I was getting ready to leave the house I had my phone in my pocket the entire time.

Watch faces also count use up an app slot too but I found a neat one that does what I want called Sketchy - it sketches the weather, time and date.

Overall I'm happy with the watch, I may pick up a low cost dedicated activity/sleep tracker that syncs with the phone and doesn't actually display anything in the future.
Lucky you didn't go with the Zbracelet 2. I bought 1 for each of my daughter's and 1 for my girlfriend, returned the 2 of my daughter's and returning the girlfriend on the weekend. They last about 3 hours on standby. I have a Moto 360 and love it. I bought my daughter's each a Moto 360 now, they love it.

Im not doing it, it track too many things. It may as well be on your ankle like the rest of the convicts

and it clashes with my tinfoil hat......

The new android wear 1.3 came out, and the new features are cool. Interactive watches, google translate, together app.

I took a recent look at them, the features of the cheaper ones suck, and the decent ones are like $400. I think I'll stick to using my actual phone for now.

Back
Top Bottom