How to get best price on Yamaha FJ-09? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to get best price on Yamaha FJ-09?

newt_101

Seeing how the FJ-09 is a new model without anything available on the used market, how do I get myself the best price on it from Yamaha?

It seems that most dealers are giving it for $11K plus HST (and not including freight/PDI) as their final price.

Thoughts?
If I have to wait until after September I can, but it would be nice to ride sooner than later.

Much appreciated.

Buy this years model in the winter with cash in hand.

Cash is a good sign you are a motivated buyer but, it actually cost a business to deposit the fund into their business account.

If they have low or zero interest options, look at them. Dealers get a kick back from the bank or manufacturer for lending options. Check to make sure you can pay off early without penalty.

Cash isn't quite as appealing as it used to be from a business standpoint. Unless it's a purchase off the books. Of course, you want the sale to be on the books for numerous reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly doubt the dealers are going to bend over in July... not to mention the bikes don't have huge margins anyways.

What price were you expecting?

My friend picked up a new FJ-09 in June and got $600 off fwiw. There's more meat on the bone if the dealer is motivated (e.g., fall). He also got an accessories discount for future purchases.

Some people don't negotiate well, other's do. OP should phone and do some negotiating.

It depends on the model as well. If it is a bike that they cannot keep in stock because they are sold before they came in, they are not going to really in a place where they need to budge the price. I just recently purchased a new bike, was able to get extras thrown in, but nothing off on the bikes price.

Just to add to this... I bought a '14 Yamaha FZ-09 from Kelly's Cycle in Hamilton.

Kelly's Cycle gave the best price by far, with no hassle (and NO BS CHARGES) I would recommend stopping by and seeing what they can do. They have pretty good after sales as well.

They took the time to actually show me the bike from top to bottom, explaining every nook and cranny.

Ultimately I sold the FZ-09, but if I were to purchase another Yamaha Kelly's would be my first choice.

I buy my new bikes at the january bike show, dealers want to move year old stock. 08 750 I bought in 09 $8600 plus tax. 09 gsxr 600 bought in 2010 $8200 no pdi or freight, just tax.

I buy my new bikes at the january bike show, dealers want to move year old stock. 08 750 I bought in 09 $8600 plus tax. 09 gsxr 600 bought in 2010 $8200 no pdi or freight, just tax.

I got a 2010 GSXR600 for about the same price, not during the bike show. Septemberish? (IIRC)

Anyways, probably pipe dreams compared to MSRP vs Paid amount these days (for new stock)

Why? Its not like the service department give a ******.

No but some dealerships will service bikes purchased there before they service bikes bought elsewhere. The dealership I deal with makes no secret of this. Plus you tend to get to know all the staff and get slightly better service.

Why? Its not like the service department give a ******.

You can get preferential treatment if you buy from a dealer. Not sure with other brands, but I know with my BMW, I get a loaner bike when I bring mine in for service. If I had not bought my bike there I would not get a loaner bike. It is a nice little perk.

No but some dealerships will service bikes purchased there before they service bikes bought elsewhere. The dealership I deal with makes no secret of this. Plus you tend to get to know all the staff and get slightly better service.

Did not buy my 690 at GP Bikes but they seem to treat everybody the same... as with scheduling.

You can get preferential treatment if you buy from a dealer. Not sure with other brands, but I know with my BMW, I get a loaner bike when I bring mine in for service. If I had not bought my bike there I would not get a loaner bike. It is a nice little perk.

Maybe this is a BMW thing? GP Bikes seems to treat everybody fairly. I didn't buy my bike at GP but they still gave me a loaner bike when mine was doing some work.
As a matter of fact they loaned me a Triumph Tiger XRx (top spec) as I didn't want one of their Victory loaners.

I would have bought my bike at GP, but they didn't have it in stock and couldn't get it.

Also, I might be out to lunch here, but I feel like the BMW dealerships are really stuck up.

Last edited:
Did not buy my 690 at GP Bikes but they seem to treat everybody the same... as with scheduling.

Maybe this is a BMW thing? GP Bikes seems to treat everybody fairly. I didn't buy my bike at GP but they still gave me a loaner bike when mine was doing some work.
As a matter of fact they loaned me a Triumph Tiger XRx (top spec) as I didn't want one of their Victory loaners.

I would have bought my bike at GP, but they didn't have it in stock and couldn't get it.

Also, I might be out to lunch here, but I feel like the BMW dealerships are really stuck up.

Never had any other dealer give me a loaner bike when I was riding Honda or Yamaha. Would be great if they all gave out loaners. If other service shops are giving loaners, then not that big of a deal to buy from a specific dealer, but I do find a good relationship with a shop that works on your cars/bikes does make a difference down the road.

Back
Top Bottom