Dropped My Bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dropped My Bike

I think most people have dropped or dropped a bike in "controlled drop" at some point. The good news is now you wont be terribly worried about scrapes etc. Kind of like when your car gets its first door ding :)

Hope the ego recovers soon ;-)

**** happens. Don't worry about it.

I've tried to put my 750 onto the rear stand alone. Ended up on the floor on the right side with the front shield broken (piece of it was gone). Rode it to a meet with a few friends later that night and first thing I heard was "Holy **** LOLOLOLOL".

Earlier this season, rode home during the night when the temps were 0 or slightly below 0. It was 10~ during the day. After showing off to my gf and getting the "omg that's so cool" talk, I ended up sliding onto the drive way sideways because there was ice.

....so yeah, don't worry about it lol

Dropped almost all my bikes at least once making stupid mistakes like this. Just this week I was making a u-turn on a slight incline and with full luggage and camping gear I couldn't keep the bike up right because of my short inseam and the slope. Got a broken clutch lever, broker shifter, scratched fairing and engine case to show for it. Gorilla Taped the shifter and clutch lever and rode to the nearest shop to get it fixed.

Last edited:
Feeling it more today than yesterday. Didn't feel sore really at all yesterday. Today the leg the bike landed on and where my butt hit the ground is very sore. Interestingly, I had a BB Leap in my back pocket where I hit the ground and a Note2 in the front pocket near where my bruise is on the thigh the bike landed on and neither were damaged despite my bruises at those locations.

Still planning to ride this thing up to North Bay on Monday.

OP, a few years ago, had my left knee give out while backing up the bike. We went down, slowly. B**** of a time picking it back up. There were witnesses. We all do something like that. In fact, the other morning, on my ride to work, swear to God I looked down to make sure I remembered to put pants on. Welcome to the world of Joe Bass.
Hope you heal up quickly.

you didn't have your knee give out...you're just hobbit height.

This is what we are using the "fallen Riders" sub forum for? kind of disrespectful to all the fallen riders that have died or gotten seriously injured.

But hey, keep on trucking with your ********.

This is what we are using the "fallen Riders" sub forum for? kind of disrespectful to all the fallen riders that have died or gotten seriously injured.

Did not even notice that.
My apologies.
I'm not OP, but am requesting for mods to move this to appropriate forum.

油井緋色;2331047 said:
I've tried to put my 750 onto the rear stand alone. Ended up on the floor on the right side with the front shield broken (piece of it was gone). Rode it to a meet with a few friends later that night and first thing I heard was "Holy **** LOLOLOLOL".
Honest to God, I started laughing right after the first sentence.

I guess we need a separate "I ****ed up" sub forum to post our stupidity...
I said at the end I didn't really think it was the right place but wasn't sure where would be more appropriate.

I nearly dropped my bike a couple days ago. Was putting it on stand. If wasn't for my iron grip....

Well it didn't make it to North Bay today. Got to Trout Lake where I went looking for gas. Stalled as soon as I got off the throttle to slow for the off ramp. Released clutch and it started again off the bump start but was running really bad. Got through town without finding any gas (there are none in Trout Lake, fyi) so I tried to make a u turn and bike died again. Couldn't start it so thought I was out of gas. Called tow truck and filled the gas, just backfired. Had it towed to North Bay and managed to find a shop that would look at it. After trying a few things it has less than 30 PSI compression. Guess rebuild time came a bit early. Now I gotta figure out how to get it home.

I dropped by bike the exact same way. Had it up on stands on my balcony doing work on it. Took it off the rear stand, leaned it over onto the kickstand, and it just kept going. Realized the kickstand was up. Another foot to the left and it would have gone through my sliding glass door. Luckily somehow the cheap ebay frame sliders I had on snapped off, but saved the bike from any damage.

If it's any consolation, I bet you'll remember this like me and never make the same mistake again.

Sounds like you have bigger problems now....

Back
Top Bottom