How to make a stunt driving charge even worse - Mallorytown | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to make a stunt driving charge even worse - Mallorytown

Sadly I know a number like this. Most sold their first bike for a SS in the first 1-2 seasons since they 'outgrew' it. *facepalm*
Had R1 and zx6. The kawi was the funnest for corning, could really pitch that ***** in there and drag knee.
Are brakes not just for stop lights? lol J/K there for gas stations too.

Someone didn't get the memo - "How to make a stunt driving charge even worse - Kingston"

"Hearing the call on the radio, another Kingston Police officer on Russell Street was able to stop the motorcycle that had turned onto Guy Street. The initial officer attended the stop and the stopped motorcycle matched the description of the vehicle he tried to stop near the Highway 401.
The 33-year-old man was charged by police with failing to stop for police, stunt driving, driving without a licence, driving without insurance and a red-light violation. The man's red 1990 Kawaski motorcycle was towed and seized for seven days at his expense, and he received a suspended licence notice for seven-days."

http://www.thewhig.com/2015/07/23/out-of-town-motorcyclist-charged-by-kingston-police

Another another, this one in St. Jacobs. Saw a lovely stage production at the Playhouse Theatre there last night. With all the quaint black horse and buggies around, who would have though St Jacobs had a wild night life.

An allegedly drunk motorcycle rider somehow emerged from a crash without injury after he sped through St Jacobs at high speed while trying to escape police on Wednesday night.
Police say officers first spotted the driver at 8:45 p.m. on Northside Drive. They say he refused to stop for police and promptly sped away.
According to police, the driver was travelling at high speed and not familiar with the area. He then lost control of the machine and struck a curb, causing the motorcycle to drag along the ground.
The driver faces numerous charges, including impaired driving, dangerous driving, failing to have insurance, having a blood-alcohol concentration above zero while having an M2 licence and using an improper muffler.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...rying-to-escape-police-in-st-jacobs-1.3164925

And of course all the drivers that called in pulled over before using their phones. Wow a whole 170. Dude needs a bigger big, if he's gonna ride under suspension. Cops phone must ring off the wall when I go to work. Lol
If someone passed me on the 401 at 170 and I feel the urge to call 911 it would mean I really need to get laid and get some excitement in my life...

Kiwi - did you miss "[/sarcastic font]" at the end of my post? It was a tongue-in-cheek-not-so-indirect shot at the argument in the recent SIU thread that essentially blames the police for chases because they initiate them, rather than the more widely held position that the chase starts when the moron runs.

Ah, maybe I did. Viewing on mobile sometimes removes markup such as smiley's and some attachments. Sorry.

If someone passed me on the 401 at 170 and I feel the urge to call 911 it would mean I really need to get laid and get some excitement in my life...

lol

Glad I'm not the only one that was thinking this.

Sadly I would guess that a large portion of the population "need to get laid and get some excitement in their life". Then again, its probably been a while since they had some "excitement" and we wouldn't want to induce too many coronaries, Lol.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...ycle-chase-on-hwy-401-ends-in-woods-1.3163867

And to think he may have been worrying about facing a paltry 7-day suspension and impound. Look what he's facing now.

Really, that's all he would get for dangerous driving, stunt driving & riding without a licence if he pulled over as soon as he was lit up. As they have complaints and witnesses, all they would drop is fleeing the police.

Seems to me that if your dumb enough and have a high enough risk tolerance to ride that aggressively on the 401 without a licence, you'll most likely chose to run if your spotted by the police.

Well I guess if your going to ride dirty, then the last thing you might want to be doing is drinking and riding. Not that there would have been any pay out on the claim anyways due to the impaired driving charge. Epic fail on soooo many levels..lol

Another another, this one in St. Jacobs. Saw a lovely stage production at the Playhouse Theatre there last night. With all the quaint black horse and buggies around, who would have though St Jacobs had a wild night life.

An allegedly drunk motorcycle rider somehow emerged from a crash without injury after he sped through St Jacobs at high speed while trying to escape police on Wednesday night.
Police say officers first spotted the driver at 8:45 p.m. on Northside Drive. They say he refused to stop for police and promptly sped away.
According to police, the driver was travelling at high speed and not familiar with the area. He then lost control of the machine and struck a curb, causing the motorcycle to drag along the ground.
The driver faces numerous charges, including impaired driving, dangerous driving, failing to have insurance, having a blood-alcohol concentration above zero while having an M2 licence and using an improper muffler.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...rying-to-escape-police-in-st-jacobs-1.3164925

Really, that's all he would get for dangerous driving, stunt driving & riding without a licence if he pulled over as soon as he was lit up. As they have complaints and witnesses, all they would drop is fleeing the police.

Seems to me that if your dumb enough and have a high enough risk tolerance to ride that aggressively on the 401 without a licence, you'll most likely chose to run if your spotted by the police.

The dangerous driving and flight charges would net him a criminal record over and above what would have been a heavy but still simple HTA traffic ticket. That could cost him big as far as employment prospects go, especially any job that required a criminal background check, reasonably-clean driving record, or cross-border travel. Even a records suspension (pardon) would be at least 10 years in waiting from the end of his sentence for dangerous driving)

The insurance hits also multiply with the added criminal driving convictions. While a potential 50 to 100% insurance hit for the HTA stunt driving is bad enough, this brain trust farmer has now opened himself up for another 100% surcharge for the dangerous, and another 100% on top of that for the flight from police. He should have just stopped and cut his losses. I suppose he should be happy he didn't end up under a truck in all that stupidity.

Last edited:
The dangerous driving and flight charges would net him a criminal record over and above what would have been a heavy but still simple HTA traffic ticket. That could cost him big as far as employment prospects go, especially any job that required a criminal background check, reasonably-clean driving record, or cross-border travel. Even a records suspension (pardon) would be at least 10 years in waiting from the end of his sentence for dangerous driving)

The insurance hits also multiply with the added criminal driving convictions. While a potential 50 to 100% insurance hit for the HTA stunt driving is bad enough, this brain trust farmer has now opened himself up for another 100% surcharge for the dangerous, and another 100% on top of that for the flight from police. He should have just stopped and cut his losses. I suppose he should be happy he didn't end up under a truck in all that stupidity.

So you're linking the dangerous charge to the flight from police, and not the stunting. If dangerous was linked to the stunting, he'd be just as screwed. Not trying to justify anything, just understand what was going thru this Mensa candidate's head when he chose to run (if there was anything going thru it at all). I doubt he would see it as cutting his losses. If the bystanders didn't lead police to the hidden bike, he might have had 0 losses.

Considering that in average people do 120km/hr on the 401, I would ask how many people get spooked when they are standing in a corner and a car passes at 50km/hr.
Sadly I would guess that a large portion of the population "need to get laid and get some excitement in their life". Then again, its probably been a while since they had some "excitement" and we wouldn't want to induce too many coronaries, Lol.

did they forget to mention that guns where used to pull the bikes over ? stupid OPP

Well good for them if that is what it took to keep some aberrant fool on a sportbike from trying to escape by plowing straight through the cop trying to stop him.

The only pity is that only 4 of the ******** were charged in the end. From the riding I saw all of them deserved the booby prize.

Considering that in average people do 120km/hr on the 401, I would ask how many people get spooked when they are standing in a corner and a car passes at 50km/hr.

Still in therapy over that one :(

Well good for them if that is what it took to keep some aberrant fool on a sportbike from trying to escape by plowing straight through the cop trying to stop him.

The only pity is that only 4 of the ******** were charged in the end. From the riding I saw all of them deserved the booby prize.

Do you also think the cop that filled buddy full of bullets, because he had a knife in an empty bus, was in the right?

Do you also think the cop that filled buddy full of bullets, because he had a knife in an empty bus, was in the right?

A person with a knife confined inside a street car is a whole lot less imminent threat than a motorcycle bearing down on a cop on foot trying to stop it. If the bike tried to go right through the cop, I would consider that assault with a weapon and I wouldn't fault the cop for an appropriate response.

You did not answer the question.

Haven't I? If the guy with the knife was running right towards a cop blocking an escape route, it would pose the same sort of imminent threat to the cop's life as a motorcycle trying to do the same and I would have no issue with the cops responding accordingly. But the guy on the street car wasn't doing that, was he? Now what other totally unrelated deflection do you want to try now?

A person with a knife confined inside a street car is a whole lot less imminent threat than a motorcycle bearing down on a cop on foot trying to stop it. If the bike tried to go right through the cop, I would consider that assault with a weapon and I wouldn't fault the cop for an appropriate response.

I seem to recall that you also wouldn't fault the cop for stepping out in front of a motorcyclist and putting the rider's life in danger just to pull him/her over to give them a speeding ticket. Sorry, can't reference the thread as it was pulled down. Should the cop then draw his gun because he placed himself in a position that the bike was bearing down on him? In your mind, can a cop ever do any wrong? Are you sure you don't work for the SIU now?

Back
Top Bottom