How to make a stunt driving charge even worse - Mallorytown | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to make a stunt driving charge even worse - Mallorytown

Do you?

A paramilitary is a semi-militarized force whose organizational structure, training, subculture, and (often) function are similar to those of a professional military and which is not included as part of a state's formal armed forces.

I've been to countries with worse corruption problems in the law enforcement than we have here...does that mean I should just be satisfied with mediocrity because others have it worse?

Nice try, but the police are not a miltary force, para or otherwise. If you've been to other countries where there are paramilitary forces, like Mexico or Colombia for example, then you didn't understand what's going on there with/between para-military forces, and government forces, and local police.

The police are an armed security force that enforces the laws of the country, province, and municipalities. They are civil servants, not soldiers. Their jobs are not to fight for their countries or ideologies, but to protect and serve citizens.

You will not find Canadian Armed Forces personnel giving out traffic tickets nor an OPP officer fighting ISIS in the Arabian penisula. Nor will you find members of any police force conducting guerilla type warfare against its government or set up a separte autonomous state using force of arms within its own political boundaries.

The police are not a paramilitary organisation. They have guns, yes, but they are not soldiers. The military or paramilitary have soliders to fight and kill, not peace officers to protect and serve.

Nice try, but the police are not a miltary force, para or otherwise. If you've been to other countries where there are paramilitary forces, like Mexico or Colombia for example, then you didn't understand what's going on there with/between para-military forces, and government forces, and local police.

Police certainly have become militarized since the 1970s. When did SWAT, for example, become this?

armed-police.jpg

556755_10153048188720355_1788920727_n_0.jpg

Police organizations may try to hide their true nature behind touchy-feely things like going from "police force" to "police services" but there's an undeniable trend of police in terms of appearance, weapons, vehicles and tactics more akin to a military than to "security."

And I think that as militarization continues, members of police forces adopt a militaristic attitude toward what they do.

Also I feel like the role of the police is to protect and serve the government and its interest... not so much the general public.

Also I feel like the role of the police is to protect and serve the government and its interest... not so much the general public.

Sure. Julian Fantino was nausiatingly political as OPP commish.

Police certainly have become militarized since the 1970s. When did SWAT, for example, become this?

armed-police.jpg

Police organizations may try to hide their true nature behind touchy-feely things like going from "police force" to "police services" but there's an undeniable trend of police in terms of appearance, weapons, vehicles and tactics more akin to a military than to "security."

And I think that as militarization continues, members of police forces adopt a militaristic attitude toward what they do.

The police are *not* a *paramilitary force* even though they may be armed to the teeth and some may have militaristic attitudes like some rent a cops do as well. Don't confuse weapons with intent. Are hunters and gun collectors paramilitary forces because they have guns and ammo and some may even have militaristic attitudes? Look at the number of police officers gunned down by gun owners with bad attitudes..are criminals with bad attitudes considered a paramilitary force?

ISIS is a paramilitary force as is the Taliban as is the FRAQ as are Mexican drug cartels etc, not the friggin' OPP or regional law enforcement officers.:p

Last edited:
The police are *not* a *paramilitary force* even though they may be armed to the teeth and some may have militaristic attitudes like some rent a cops do as well. Don't confuse weapons with intent. Are hunters and gun collectors paramilitary forces because they have guns and ammo and some may even have militaristic attitudes? Look at the number of police officers gunned down by gun owners with bad attitudes..are criminals with bad attitudes considered a paramilitary force?

If individual firearms owners banded together to get their way through force and intimidation you can bet the government would look upon them as a paramilitary force to be dealt with. The Wiki page on paramilitary forces begins thusly:

"A paramilitary is a semi-militarized force whose organizational structure, training, subculture, and (often) function are similar to those of a professional military, and which is not included as part of a state's formal armed forces.[SUP][1][/SUP]"

Paramilitary vs police: semi-militarized (check) ... force (check) ... organizational structure (check) ... training (check) ... subculture and function (check)

In the US, the "militia" was once considered to be able-bodied men with muskets and flintlocks so at some point people with guns and other weapons do become a militia and/or paramilitary. When does that happen? With training? Organization? Subculture? Increasing militarization of weapons, vehicles, tactics and so on?

ISIS is a paramilitary force as is the Taliban as is the FRAQ as are Mexican drug cartels etc, not the friggin' OPP or regional law enforcement officers.:p

I see the increasingly-militarized police as a paramilitary force in our midst that we tolerate.

Arguing that while they look, act, are armed, are trained and are organized exactly as a paramilitary they are nonetheless not a paramilitary is basically just picking the flyshit out of the pepper.

armed-police.jpg

Odd, I don't see many cops on routine patrol geared up like that ever.

Maybe you missed it, but the bad guys are arming up fairly heavily as well, especially the drug lab operations. The cops that do carry that gear do so because they are sent directly into high risk arrest, hostage, and takedown situations.

Would you think it appropriate to send them into such situations wearing only a short sleeve shirt, a peaked cap or stetson, and a simple sidearm? Do you find a bullet-proof vest a serious affront as well?

Last edited:
...The Wiki page on paramilitary forces begins thusly:

"A paramilitary is a semi-militarized force whose organizational structure, training, subculture, and (often) function are similar to those of a professional military, and which is not included as part of a state's formal armed forces.[SUP][1][/SUP]"

Paramilitary vs police: semi-militarized (check) ... force (check) ... organizational structure (check) ... training (check) ... subculture and function (check)...

Annnnd, according to the definition YOU provided: "...which is not part of a state's formal armed forces"

"Uncheck".

The police are part of the state's formal armed forces, but are not the army/navy/airforce.

Arguing that while they look, act, are armed, are trained and are organized exactly as a paramilitary they are nonetheless not a paramilitary is basically just picking the flyshit out of the pepper.

Actually, you just can't admit you're wrong. There is paramilitary, and military, and the police force is not a paramiliatry organisation, no matter what your opinons and twisted logic say and contrive. But believe what you want.:p

See my examples above as to what is a para military force.

Last edited:
Actually, you just can't admit you're wrong. There is paramilitary, and military, and the police force is not a paramiliatry organisation, no matter what your opinons and twisted logic say and contrive. But believe what you want.:p

See my examples above as to what is a para military force.

He demonstrated why he is right; you're simply trying to redefine the word as you see fit... "no matter your opinions and twisted logic", you're projecting your own behavior and errors on others :)

Also just because you have a negative connotation of the word "paramilitary" doesn't mean you need to defend a particular group...the police are undeniably a paramilitary organization due to their armed forces-like training and organization, but that is separate from any other opinion positive or negative.

He demonstrated why he is right; you're simply trying to redefine the word as you see fit... "no matter your opinions and twisted logic", you're projecting your own behavior and errors on others :)

Also just because you have a negative connotation of the word "paramilitary" doesn't mean you need to defend a particular group...the police are undeniably a paramilitary organization due to their armed forces-like training and organization, but that is separate from any other opinion positive or negative.

Very much deniably in this country actually.

We can agree that "PARTS" of the police service is a form of a paramilitary force, (SWAT, ETF, ERT, or whatever term is used by that service), is a form of a paramilitary force. BUT the police service as a whole is not a paramilitary force. I have done both military service as well as police service and unless your in the specialized police team you are NOT armed nor trained like a military force is.

The police are now no longer simply asked to "enforce" the local laws, and write tickets. they are tasked with battling biker gangs, drug gangs, as well as terroistic threats. Given these, (some newer than others), tasks, it is imperative that these tems be trained and armed in a manner similar to military forces.

So in essenece both sides of this argument are PARTIALLY correct.

Re: How to make a stunt driving charge even worse

Anyone here?

City man faces stunt driving, drug charges

Peterborough, ON, Canada / (CHEXTV)
Greg Davis
August 21, 2015 09:32 am

A Peterborough man faces numerous charges after he was clocked going 160 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on Highway 115 on Thursday night.

Peterborough County OPP say the vehicle was stopped around 8 p.m. in Cavan-Monaghan Township. Police found drugs in the vehicle and the driver first provided a false name.

Kevin Michael Andrew Fenn, 25, was arrested and charged with stunt driving; obstructing a police officer; driving while under suspension and possession of a controlled substance.

His vehicle was seized and licence suspended for seven days. He will appear in court on Oct 1.

Sorry.. I was tripping and didn't even know my name, not to mention the fact that I was driving :cool:

I thought a cop had to have constant visibility in order to charge, or is that only for HTA offences? Like, if a cop sees me, doesn't get my plate, but notes I'm driving a black Sierra, can I be stopped in the next town for that offence? If so, that's ridiculous. I could well be someone other than who was seen...

I thought a cop had to have constant visibility in order to charge, or is that only for HTA offences? Like, if a cop sees me, doesn't get my plate, but notes I'm driving a black Sierra, can I be stopped in the next town for that offence? If so, that's ridiculous. I could well be someone other than who was seen...

If you are talking of the rider in the orginal post, the reports say the officers were directed by witnesses. Plus pretty hard to argue it must have been another bike, that looks just like yours especially when you were found with your bike concealed and hiding in the bushes..lol Try explaining that away to the Judge.. But your honor that is always how I park at the service centers on the 401. Plus don't forget the 401 is a controlled access highway. If you were on surface streets, much easier to make a compelling case that another vehicle of the same color and type had entered from a side street.

How to REALLY make a stunt driving charge even worse! Excellent!

Kawartha Lakes Police say an officer stopped behind a black sport motorcycle with two people on it at Kent and Lindsay streets at about 10:45 p.m. on Sunday (Aug. 23), at which time the motorcycle sped away. Police say the officer did not give chase.

A short time later, police say another officer spotted the motorcycle driving south on Angeline Street. Police say the motorcycle sped away at an estimated 200 km/h when the officer tried to stop it.

A short time later, police say the officer heard a motorcycle idling in the back yard of an Angeline Street South home and entered the yard to investigate, at which time he was assaulted.

The motorcycle was being hidden in some bushes, police say. A male was arrested at the scene, and brass knuckles were seized, police say. A second person, who police allege was the passenger on the motorcycle, was also hiding in the bushes.

Cole Steven Pollock, 29, is charged with assaulting an officer, dangerous driving, flight from police, and possession of a weapon dangerous to the public, contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada. He has also been charged with driving with a suspended driver’s licence, operating a vehicle without insurance, and using an unauthorized licence plate contrary to the Highway Traffic Act.

http://www.mykawartha.com/news-stor...-fled-police-at-high-speed-officer-assaulted/

Extra points for nabbing this stunting idiot.

A 21-year-old Brampton man is facing several charges after police received calls about a motorcycle doing wheelies along Hurontario Street last night.
Peel Regional Police were called about 9:30 p.m. about a motorcyclist who was driving northbound on Hurontario Street and was pulling wheelies, where the front tire of the motorcycle is lifted off the ground.
Police said the rider came to a stop at a red light at Annagem Boulevard and Hurontario Street before pulling another wheelie. Police said the driver attempted to flee from responding officers before police caught up with him.
Police also said the motorcycle and its licence plate were stolen.
Charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and possession of property obtained by crime is Aaron De Leon.

Just desserts?

Sep 11, 2015

AJAX -- A motorcycle rider who was seriously injured when he collided with a bus Thursday night in Ajax appears to have interacted with officers just minutes prior to the crash, police said.
RELATED STORIES

A summer of motorcycle accidents in Durham Region...

Several officers were involved in the transport of a person in the midst of a mental health episode at Salem Road and Bayly Street shortly after 9 p.m. Sept. 10 when a motorcycle rider stopped beside a cruiser and nodded to the cop inside before weaving between other cruisers and speeding off, Durham police said. The officers were unable to engage the rider but did take note of his licence plate.
Minutes later the speeding bike slammed into a Durham Region Transit bus as it made a turn at Harwood Avenue and Kings Crescent, police said. The force of the impact threw the rider, a 37-year-old Toronto man, an estimated 50 feet.
The rider was rushed to local hospital, then transferred to a Toronto trauma centre where as of Friday he was listed in serious condition.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 905-579-1520, extension 5213. information about the incident is asked to call police at 905-579-1520, extension 5213.

Well it takes a special kind of stupid to be pulling wheelies on a stolen bike.. way to fly under the radar.

Extra points for nabbing this stunting idiot.

A 21-year-old Brampton man is facing several charges after police received calls about a motorcycle doing wheelies along Hurontario Street last night.
Peel Regional Police were called about 9:30 p.m. about a motorcyclist who was driving northbound on Hurontario Street and was pulling wheelies, where the front tire of the motorcycle is lifted off the ground.
Police said the rider came to a stop at a red light at Annagem Boulevard and Hurontario Street before pulling another wheelie. Police said the driver attempted to flee from responding officers before police caught up with him.
Police also said the motorcycle and its licence plate were stolen.
Charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and possession of property obtained by crime is Aaron De Leon.

Back
Top Bottom