HOT lanes coming to T.O.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

HOT lanes coming to T.O....

Veej

So as many of us predicted and some wishful thinking the HOV lanes are closer to turning into HOT ( high-occupancy toll) lanes. After they go over lessons learnt they will be heading our way. Tory hasn't committed to yet for the Toronto highways but I think he'll be on board sooner or later especially if new revenue is on the table.

If they do go ahead either of them I hope they keep it open to us bikes, or even status quo at least for the Toronto highways....

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/07/22/tolls-coming-to-hov-lanes-wynne-warns.html

Its all about the money.

Lessons learned - lol. While all kids are out of school, while everyone who possibly can is working from home during the duration of the pan am games. What a crock.

I feel like odds are low that the tolling infrastructure needed would be paid off within 10 years, let alone any projects they would try to fund with it

Lessons learned - lol. While all kids are out of school, while everyone who possibly can is working from home during the duration of the pan am games. What a crock.

This. So much this.

Let's see what it's like say, mid September....

Downtown core is a ghost town compared to what it's usually like.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

So maybe I am missing something here, how does the systemwork. If I have less than the minimum occupants I pay a fee, correct?

Does this mean I need a transponder that I only put out when I am under them minimum to be kosher and receive the appropriate fees? Do I risk being pulled over intermittently to be checked that I am paying?

I am glad I don't work or live in the GTA

So maybe I am missing something here, how does the systemwork. If I have less than the minimum occupants I pay a fee, correct?

Does this mean I need a transponder that I only put out when I am under them minimum to be kosher and receive the appropriate fees? Do I risk being pulled over intermittently to be checked that I am paying?

I am glad I don't work or live in the GTA
I cant see them being able to use a photo system.

And "fidelity" system might work with random checks but how do you stop them all?
Hell i got pulled over with my baby in the backseat in one of the 2+ HOVs (403) and then the cop apologized... imagine how much time and money would be wasted on the confusion around this.

You couldn't be more right on the money. I ****ing hate this **** - she makes me feel homicidal. "That's not our plan at the moment" translates to, that's exactly our intention tomorrow. This province is proper ****ed! Paying again for roads we have already paid for. **** me running!

Good thing we didn't elect Tim Hudak and his plan to let go 100,000 civil servants and kept Auntie Kathleen and her merry band of crooks). She talks out of three sides of her mouth..lol

As I said just another reason to avoid Toronto at all costs, (your being foolish if you think this isn't coming to DVP and Gardiner. Despite what Mayor Tory wants Auntie Kathleen will "promise" the Toronto lefties millions for transit, if they do this. DONE DEAL

Good thing we didn't elect Tim Hudak and his plan to let go 100,000 civil servants and kept Auntie Kathleen and her merry band of crooks).

Blame for another Wynn government falls squarely on Tim Hudak and the Conservatives. Going after unions and telling 100,000 voters specifically you want to cut their jobs not only loses their vote plus all their family and close friends who are voting age. Add that to the group that would vote liberal till the day they die and you just lost the election. Dumb move that instantly lost the election for him.

As I said just another reason to avoid Toronto at all costs

So are you going to get a new job then? Or just complain about avoiding Toronto and still drive from out of town everyday for work like most still will? How would you battle the increased congestion and pay for infrastructure repairs needed to support the mass amount of cars on the raod?

I'd love to see them reinstate the $60 plate fee and toll ALL of the lanes of the Gardiner/DVP with exceptions for Toronto registered plates and commercially plated vehicles.

I would have no problem with an HOT lane anywhere. But...ONLY IF THEY CAN PUT IN A NEW LANE. Don't take an existing lane that up until a few weeks ago we could all travel in for free and make me PAY for it !!!!!!

I'm losing my mind. It's not good enough to tax fuel and income and property to build and maintain roads. The government wants us to pay more to use specific lanes already built with these tax dollars

Give us a break. Oh and how about we subsidize public transit with those same tax dollars.

Bloody hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing we didn't elect Tim Hudak and his plan to let go 100,000 civil servants and kept Auntie Kathleen and her merry band of crooks). She talks out of three sides of her mouth..lol

Hudak would have sold off the 401 to his buddies at SNC lavalin. How quickly we forget great Harris ideas like amalgamation and selling off highways taxpayers paid for.
Ontario politics are a mess on both sides.

Ford was going to fund expansion with tax cuts and unicorn poop and private investments, and don't forget the monorail.

Even though I think this is a horrible, stupid idea that needs to go to idea jail, the 401/404/Gardiner aren't truly paid for because they're all expensive maintenance nightmares.

Even though I think this is a horrible, stupid idea that needs to go to idea jail, the 401/404/Gardiner aren't truly paid for because they're all expensive maintenance nightmares.

But aren't our taxes collected on a continued basis? Isn't it the responsibility of the government to allocate funds for building AND maintaining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom