2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L

the 650 vstrom is fully capable off road

Maybe off pavement and mild forest track...its no off road single track machine at all.
This is...

Honda XR650
2008-honda-xr650l-5_1600x0w.jpg

But your not going to tour it cross continent which the Vstrom does very well and still can let you explore off pavement.

Yeah...and a seat height of 47"...

When is *someone* going to put out a sweet ADV (*other than* the tired old Vstrom 650) that people under a 36" inseam can ride for Christmassake???

It's not just the short male market that's missing out, but also all those female riders looking for ADV options, too.

I'd be more excited to see the Yamaha FJ-09 come out with a full set of metal hardcases, bash plate, Dunlop Trailmax tires, an extended windscreen, bigger fuel tank and halogens next year than the Africa Twin, truth be told - as much as I LOVE everything Honda...

Focus group of one.

31" inseam here and my Tiger 1050 is fine. Balls of feet....but fine.

Maybe off pavement and mild forest track...its no off road single track machine at all.
This is..

Agreed it's not the best for single track (now you're talking single-purpose) but it is fully capable of doing more than *most* people who want to ADV will ever attempt off-road...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwXMtJfUj14

Wouldn't want to ride any enduro bike on any hiway very long. Spent enough time on motocross bikes to know what misery that would be...

Last edited:
31" inseam here and my Tiger 1050 is fine. Balls of feet....but fine.

32.9" seat height.

Depends on what you're comfortable with. I'm on a 1200 and even mostly flat-footed there are times it's not enough.

Big bikes get tiring on tippy-toe or propped-up on one side when the days get long and the bike's fully-loaded for touring. Not to mention downright dangerous when on sketchy surfaces like gravel, loam, mud, etc...

damnit. why don't they make this bike. THis or the rally raid 500x would have my money
If Honda made the Rally Raid CB500X, which would make it cheaper than doing the conversion That would have been perfect.

32.9" seat height.

Depends on what you're comfortable with. I'm on a 1200 and even mostly flat-footed there are times it's not enough.

Big bikes get tiring on tippy-toe or propped-up on one side when the days get long and the bike's fully-loaded for touring. Not to mention downright dangerous when on sketchy surfaces like gravel, loam, mud, etc...

Agreed...I call it....character building...though. I've dropped my bike twice, both times at the end of long tiring days when muscling the beast on a small slope. I've recognised what the dangerous conditions are and try to avoid them though. I wouldn't have it any lower than it is though as comfort on the bike is more important to me than comfort duck walking it or feet down

Circa $9k US...so close to $12k Cdn....fair bit of coin for a cobbled together solution.
What does the GS 650 single cost these days?

14-07-2014-05-01-40-004.jpg

New. 2015 BMW G650GS. Price: $9300.00

$7k used with some farkles in Calgary.

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

Circa $9k US...so close to $12k Cdn....fair bit of coin for a cobbled together solution.
What does the GS 650 single cost these days?

14-07-2014-05-01-40-004.jpg

$7k used with some farkles in Calgary.

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

That is the bike they gave me last year for a loaner when mine was in for service. Surprisingly peppy bike, even at highway speeds 120kmh. Not comfortable enough to do long days, but I am spoiled with the big GS.

Back
Top Bottom