gs500 | GTAMotorcycle.com

gs500

brando

I had a jet kit installed on my gs500 and drop in k&n filter has a restriction ring that sits on top of the filter do I still need that in the filter it says to remove if the bike is moded I have a slip on and jet kit

I had a jet kit installed on my gs500 and drop in k&n filter has a restriction ring that sits on top of the filter do I still need that in the filter it says to remove if the bike is moded I have a slip on and jet kit

Remove it if you have jetted the bike to match it. Did you jet it for this, or just to improve stock running? You may require a different jet than you used.

I went through this myself a while ago. I think restrictor is there because the GS500 is jetted very lean from the factory to begin with, so without it the K&N would ostensibly make things worse. Since you're off the stock lean jetting, you should be good to remove the restrictor

It depends on the jets you put in. I remember I rejected my old gs500 and removed the restrictor.. Another good mod is to take out the rear shock and put sv650 shock

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Back
Top Bottom