Paying 6000$ for insurance !!! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paying 6000$ for insurance !!!

Why even bother responding to these perpetual forum posts. Sheesh if the OP can't even figure out the internet or a phonebook, and a phone to call around for quotes - god help him stay alive on the R6. Who cares if he can or can't realistically afford $600/year either. It's GTAM, not GTA(F)inancial.

Ahhh.. crap.. I responded.

Last edited:
Why even bother responding to these perpetual forum posts. Sheesh if the OP can't even figure out the internet or a phonebook, and a phone to call around for quotes - god help him stay alive on the R6. Who cares if he can or can't realistically afford $600/year either. It's GTAM, not GTA(F)inancial.

I lol'd.

i think I'll live longer on the r6 then someone who's a little emotional on a bike :,( boohoo

I'm currently getting quoted 6000$ for a r6 bike I have my m2 license and my g2 for about 2 years now and currently have insurance for my car this is crazy anyone kno of a good company that will have a better rate then aviva rating me the price for a new bike lol!

When you've had your drivers license for 5 years it will drop. I was 20 and was getting quoted same as you for an 08 r6 at the time. When i turned 21 and had my license for 5 years state farm quoted me 130 a month for brand new r6 as a 21 yr old . When i turned 25 it went down to 70 a month fir my r6.....so naturally I went to a litre bike at 25.
Good luck.

No judgements here OP. I've been riding since 2000 when I was 19 years old. Started on a 180cc scooter, moved up to an old 400cc bike for 5-6 years, then bought an old 750f until this year when I finally bought my first new bike.
Do what you want but trust me 6k a year to ride a bike like an R6 is not worth it. I know it seems like everything you ever wanted but (and don't take this wrong) your inexperience is misleading you.

An R6 is a great bike, but for city riding it's pretty crappy. I don't think...no scratch that, I KNOW that ANY bike dedicated to road riding isn't worth that on insurance. You are done with your scooter, understood, I've been there. Don't confuse wanting a power upgrade with "mastery" though.

I've been riding for 15 years and I know I still l have a lot I can learn being on my current ride or a 250. The fact is though that there are rides out there better suited to the road that are insane fun to ride.

Maybe you want an R6 because you really like the style of the bike?. Can't argue with you there man, but it's time to be honest with YOURSELF, what do you want to pay 6k a year for? A bike you think looks cool? Or the power you can't use on the road? If it's a going fast thing take it off the insurance and start looking at some track schools and track days. You'll love it.

Now if street riding and commuting is what you want you might want to get rid of that bike and start looking at other options.

There are so many great machines out there better suited (and insanely fun) for that style. Ultimately you do what you want. I know people on this forum can be down right mean when it comes to this subject but here is how it is.

There's nothing we can help you with when it comes to insurance. There is no magic code or handshake we can share with you to drop the price of insurance on the SS of yours. It's up to you to put the time in and build up your experience on the road. Despite what you think turning 25 won't be the be all end all to high rates either.

Put in the time
Ride safety
NO TICKETS
NO NASTY RECORDS

These are the things that over time will matter, and it won't happen over night.

This is the reality of things.

I'm 33 now going on 34. I have my first new bike ever.
2014 FZ-09
Full coverage
Mississauga
$1,276.00 a year

Still seems like a lot right? It not bad at all actually.

Learning to ride your machine is where the fun in motorcycling comes from. Road craft is to street riding as to fast lap times is to a racer.

You'll have your grin moments as well. I'll never forget moments like a bunch of guys on their 600 ss bikes swarming by me while I was on my old 750f flexing their power vs mine, only to easily lose them in some corners without any effort.

I know I've gone on too much for an insurance thread but please read this and serious ask yourself "6k a year for R6?, or do I really just want to ride?"

Choice is yours OP

^Excellent post. Cheaper insurance on a different bike means more gas money to ride...

We should list all the cooler things to spend $6K on than insurance for a bike.

We should list all the cooler things to spend $6K on than insurance for a bike.

2410509805_gtr_frt_001_rr.png
http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/guitars/penguin/g6134-white-penguin-ebony-fretboard-white/

I hope you stop better while riding than you do in your run on sentences.

Just a little humour to lighten up the thread.

Back
Top Bottom