Paying 6000$ for insurance !!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paying 6000$ for insurance !!!

xinfamousx

I'm currently getting quoted 6000$ for a r6 bike I have my m2 license and my g2 for about 2 years now and currently have insurance for my car this is crazy anyone kno of a good company that will have a better rate then aviva rating me the price for a new bike lol!

You are 21 years of age, the only way to ride that bike will be at the track or illegally without insurance.

Downsize to something smaller, or get a second job to pay for the Ins. Not going to find anything reasonable for your age.

You are 21 years of age, the only way to ride that bike will be at the track or illegally without insurance.

Downsize to something smaller, or get a second job to pay for the Ins. Not going to find anything reasonable for your age.

i don't need a second job I can afford it. It's just a big bite in the *** because I already have enough experice to be riding a 600 since I've previously owned a 250. 600 obviously isn't anything compared to a 250 . Just looking out if anyone has any other advise for better insurance my 2nd idea is going and a secondary rider under my fathers name

LOL @ get a second job. the reality is beyond saddening.

Back in 1988, 18 year old owning a five litre Mustang 5 g's a year for insurance. Had to work 2 jobs, but it sooooo worth it lol.

Back in 1988, 18 year old owning a five litre Mustang 5 g's a year for insurance. Had to work 2 jobs, but it sooooo worth it lol.

i agree because I also own a sports car which is another bittch to afford but it's just insane how insurance racks up the price on these bike I understand because it's a race bike and ppl previously fkd up but that shouldn't mean we would have to pay so much as a first time either

Back in 88, housing prices and the cost of living wasn't the same as it is today... was it? :)

I don't know how people afford it. I make decent money, live debt free apart from a modest mortgage. I see people in their young 20's free rollin.. people my age 30's spending money like it's going out of style.. I realize there has been age lot of wealth build up in the last 6 year bull run, but somethings amiss. Walking onto a subway and seeing everyone rocking $700 Canada goose jackets, holding the latest iPhones while travelling to a $50k job... something ain't right.

I don't want to bail out any one of these effing hipsters/$40k millionaires. I can't wait for the "tough economy". My mouth is watering to pick up some stocks/properties on sale.

i agree because I also own a sports car which is another bittch to afford but it's just insane how insurance racks up the price on these bike I understand because it's a race bike and ppl previously fkd up but that shouldn't mean we would have to pay so much as a first time either

Only difference between 21 yr old and middle age rider with the Ontario insurance companies is they use a little more lube. I pay way too much for 1000cc sport tourer.

Back in 88, housing prices and the cost of living wasn't the same as it is today... was it? :)

I don't know how people afford it. I make decent money, live debt free apart from a modest mortgage. I see people in their young 20's free rollin.. people my age 30's spending money like it's going out of style.. I realize there has been age lot of wealth build up in the last 6 year bull run, but somethings amiss. Walking onto a subway and seeing everyone rocking $700 Canada goose jackets, holding the latest iPhones while travelling to a $50k job... something ain't right.

I don't want to bail out any one of these effing hipsters/$40k millionaires. I can't wait for the "tough economy". My mouth is watering to pick up some stocks/properties on sale.

I dunno, i was paying $400 a month in rent, was getting paid $ 8 per hour as a second year apprentice. Busted the rest of my free time working a second job at Mr Lube. As long as i had gas money and something to eat i didn't care about anything else. Over paying for insurance is one thing, but paying $700 for a goose jacket....well that's just crazy :)

OP your just in the wrong province to enjoy that toy legally on the street at any reasonable cost.

In 1988 I had just bought a house for $115k, my mom told me spending over 100k was crazy and I never pay it off. She was right 5 yrs later I sold it for $200 and bought a much nicer house. I was doing side jobs perpetually to stay afloat.

Pay up or sell it. Putting it under your dad's name and insurance will cost more for both of you, assuming he has a motorcycle licence.

Pay up or sell it. Putting it under your dad's name and insurance will cost more for both of you, assuming he has a motorcycle licence.
I'll pay up when it's all I got left I'm thinking of having the bike under my fathers name for a better price as a second rider I'm trynna get him to get his m1 tho of corse

I'll pay up when it's all I got left I'm thinking of having the bike under my fathers name for a better price as a second rider I'm trynna get him to get his m1 tho of corse

What's he gonna do? Renew his m1 until you're over 25? Won't matter anyway, they base the price on the primary rider, that's you. Anything else is fraud and will leave you high and dry in the event of a claim.

Call around, you may get lucky.

What's he gonna do? Renew his m1 until you're over 25? Won't matter anyway, they base the price on the primary rider, that's you. Anything else is fraud and will leave you high and dry in the event of a claim.

He can get his m1 and take the corse so that he won't have to renew it like I had to at first 2 years ago finally I was smart enough about getting the course over with last week for my m2 what I'm trynna get to is why would it be considered fraud if I'm secondary ? I mean I know I won't be stupid it's just to have the bike on the road which saves me just over hundreds being blown out of my pocket. I understand it could be fraud but really is it fraud wen I'm just trynna get my bike on the road and pay a different premium? If I'm placed as a secondary rider they would base the premium on me because I'm a young rider ?

Back
Top Bottom