Sorry officer....my car drove itself! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sorry officer....my car drove itself!

Interesting. I wonder how long it will take before the police can use this to shut down a police chase by remote control Ctrl-Alt-Del instead of by local Pitt.

Auditing these sorts of incidents will be a nightmare. At least this particular hack rewrites firmware on something, leaving something detectable behind.

probably can do it already

OnStar has been able to do this for years. It was supposedly part of ODB-III back when it was still being talked about

I don't know that I would ever be comfortable with steer by wire. Maybe because I read science fiction as a kid. Well intentioned stuff like that was always going awry in those stories.

probably can do it already

I'm thinking direct access to your car's electronics by police, without having to go through On-Star or the other proprietary systems. I wonder how long until government mandates an accessible remote shutdown facility for use by patrol cars.

I'm thinking direct access to your car's electronics by police, without having to go through On-Star or the other proprietary systems. I wonder how long until government mandates an accessible remote shutdown facility for use by patrol cars.

Directly? Hopefully never, there would be no good way to do it without ne'er do-wells being able to duplicate the cop's signal

Back
Top Bottom