Idle chatter | GTAMotorcycle.com

Idle chatter

inreb

Site Supporter
Some stellar threads lately so in that spirit, if you're leading a ride and every time you stop at a red light the follower pulls along side for a chat how do you deal with that gracefully? At a stop sign I pretend to be occupied with watching cross traffic and, when clear, powering off. Unfortunately at the red light you're a captive audience.

I have helmet coms with most of the people I ride with so. Chatter continues. We have a hard and fast shut up rule if anyone says the safety phrase "shut the **** up". Chatter continues when the same person says "Madmen marathon on HBO tonight".

Try yelling my phrase at them.

Some stellar threads lately so in that spirit, if you're leading a ride and every time you stop at a red light the follower pulls along side for a chat how do you deal with that gracefully? At a stop sign I pretend to be occupied with watching cross traffic and, when clear, powering off. Unfortunately at the red light you're a captive audience.

I'm not the most social person, but I would expect that if you're leading a ride you would be more open to socializing with the other riders, just not to the point of distraction, of course. If someone just happens to be riding behind you and pulls up to chat, that's a little different. It's always helpful if you have a full face to keep the shield down.

I'm not the most social person, but I would expect that if you're leading a ride you would be more open to socializing with the other riders.

Kids and their needs these day, I like to do my bench racing leaning against an actual work bench old school style.

The only ride I lead is the one by myself. So I try to keep the idle chatter at a red to a minimum. Generally, if I use Mobile 1 V Twin, the valves don't chatter much. And the after market exhaust drowns out the rest.

Another perk to riding the HD is having a scowl while wearing shades. Usually a good deterrent.

The only folks that pull up and chat are the poor noobs on a 250/300 something or another. I don't say anything until they do. And then I respond with Eff Off.

Solidifies my place in the HD world. Have a rep to protect.

Seriously tho, it is one of the benefits of having loud pipes. And I also weave back and forth in my lane which deters most from a follow up greeting at the next light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's quite the arsenal Nakkers, I get by with the generic Japanese thumper, earplugs and full lid.

Hmmmm. I would think that GTAM's post-count leader would enjoy a little conversation....did not realize that you were so anti-social. See, these threads are informative.

If I'm not in the mood to chat I just point at my ears and yell "Can't hear you...earplugs!", if I do then I have a quick chat and take off.

Usually goes like this:

Them: Good weather we're having!
Me: Yup, nice to ride today

Green Light and go!

If you ride a sewing machine, it must attract other like minded folks.

Kidding.....

Maybe.....

Ice cream?

Hmmmm. I would think that GTAM's post-count leader would enjoy a little conversation....did not realize that you were so anti-social. See, these threads are informative.

Threads are informative, post count per day leader by far, if used correctly up to and including comprehension. Huffing and puffing slathered in ice cream can be distracting, I get that.

Threads are informative, post count per day leader by far, if used correctly up to and including comprehension. HUFFING AND PUFFING SLATHERED IN ICE CREAM CAN BE DISTRACTING, I get that.

Are you flirting with me?

Usually this is an exchange of useful information, e.g. Your brake light is out, your bike is spraying me with oil, your pants are riding a bit low, etc

If you don't want other riders to try to talk to you at traffic lights just sew some "christian biker" patches on your leathers,problem solved.

Usually this is an exchange of useful information, e.g. Your brake light is out, your bike is spraying me with oil, YOUR PANTS ARE RIDING A BIT LOW, etc

Great. More flirting.

Are you flirting with me?

Always. No homo.

If you don't want other riders to try to talk to you at traffic lights just sew some "christian biker" patches on your leathers,problem solved.

99%, nay, 99.9% of the time I don't mind a stranger cracking to me. It's that days riding buddy that needs to save it. I don't need an ongoing narrative spoiling the buzz.

problem is Inreb , you only want conversation on your timeline. Your coffee buddy monopolizes the convo, you cant find a coffee buddy to talk to, then you want quite coffee. Your rider pal ditches you and goes to lead another ride, probably likes talking at the lights.
Figure out what you really want out of life. I just want ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom