Ducks, again | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducks, again

I had idjit woman emergency brake for a squirrel.....then check to see if her kid in the passenger seat was all right THEN check to see if I was all right and give a limp wave. :rolleyes:

ABS howling and I was very closely watching my mirrors, fortunately I did have enough distance and no one behind me...down hill on Heritage road just after accelerating from the light she nails the brakes ......for a tree rat.....

Last edited:
Well.... we know there's good precedent to see the driver get jail time.

Otherwise, remember you're nearly always at fault for hitting someone from behind - regardless of why the person in front of you stopped. Do your best to pay attention and give yourself enough space to brake, or space for an out - meaning don't let people drive beside you or in your blind spots.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't just run through a line of ducks with my car if they were already in the middle of the road. I'm not creating 1000+ dollars of damages for myself on a low slung car (Wonder if insurance would even cover it).

They teach you in driving school to look light years in front of you for hazards, and to maintain a safe following distance. Ducks don't just spawn in the middle of the road they slowly walk in a line and wait for cars to stop.

If the Kia Rio safely stopped before the black car, why didn't the biker stop before the kia rio? My answer: Inattention, following too close, not looking ahead of the road or a combination of the three.

I've had to stop for ducks so many times on 80+ kmh roadways for ducks why did it work out for me so much? Hell, I've had random stops on highways over broken cars who didn't pull over on highways as well. If you maintain distance and pay attention you'll be alright.

At the end of the day, you as the following motorist, are supposed to create a safe following distance and expect the unexpected. I'm not going to eat a financial situation for myself just because you can't pay attention or follow behind at a reasonable distance. Bumpers aren't cheap nowadays... Neither is a human life -- which is why you should be attentive on the road.

And if all else fails, just go around the screwball. There's a serious aversion to steering in this province.

That rear-ending will have left a mark, though. Do garages really care, or do they report all vehicles that come in with body damage?

Riders and drivers must be prepared for the vehicle in front of them to stop at any time for any reason, even boneheaded ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ITrpy0UPg

What was this biker looking at? Why wasn't he looking 10 or 15 seconds ahead?

Just had a pickup accelerate thru a right turn and stop dead a couple of car length after the corner. I think the idiot stopped to talk to anther pickup that was in line at the lights. Pulled up close window to window. Good thing I was in the right track and was able to just go around him.

Just had a pickup accelerate thru a right turn and stop dead a couple of car length after the corner. I think the idiot stopped to talk to anther pickup that was in line at the lights. Pulled up close window to window. Good thing I was in the right track and was able to just go around him.

Don't go to Nova Scotia, or anywhere in Europe, they'll kill you dead; it happens all the time there.
I guess they just don't have the overwhelming density of large vehicles that we have here.

Riders and drivers must be prepared for the vehicle in front of them to stop at any time for any reason, even boneheaded ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ITrpy0UPg

What was this biker looking at? Why wasn't he looking 10 or 15 seconds ahead?

This was a point in court testimony from the previous duck/goose crossing incident. The other guy with his passenger had enough time to wave at the person stopped on the road, then stomped on the rear brakes and "layed 'er down".

Back
Top Bottom