How cold does your insulated garage get in the winter? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How cold does your insulated garage get in the winter?

Why on earth am I reading about winter and insulated garages mid-July! Shame on you OP!!! :lmao:

Eddard-Stark-2.jpg

I am just reading some of the responses and a thought came to mind.
If your cooling system holds lets say 4 liters of coolant and you siphoned two liters of it out in the fall.
Would this leave enough room in the system to survive a freezing incident without causing damage.
I really don't know the answer to this, I'm spit balling.

If your cooling system holds lets say 4 liters of coolant and you siphoned two liters of it out in the fall.
Would this leave enough room in the system to survive a freezing incident without causing damage.
Opening the drain bolt vs siphoning water out of the rad

If the ends freeze before the middle of a channel, when the rest freezes it will split the channel open. If you are going to siphon half, might as well do all of it.

If the ends freeze before the middle of a channel, when the rest freezes it will split the channel open. If you are going to siphon half, might as well do all of it.

I thought it might be a simple solution to the problem, but I guess there are no simple solutions.

My garage is attached to the house and has a bedroom over it, never gets below 5c even on the coldest days

sent from a device using a program

I would never trust a bike or any vehicle with water cool in my garage over winter. Unless you know your garage will stay warm enough, drain it. The hassle of draining it will be considerably less then the hassle of fixing it if the water freezes.

Original posters' post 5 clearly indicates hating coolant process, creates huge mess and gets **** all over tires rounded out with "never ending struggle" Also burping. Why are people suggesting removing pump drain bolt, reminder tape over ignition and other wildly complex solutions? Doesn't anybody read anymore?
Because others may read and learn

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Because others may read and learn

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Lol Paul... You should know better than to take inreb's posts literally... How long have you been with this forum? :cool:

Usually stays above 7 *c but that's because there's always a car pulling in and becoming a temporary heat source.
One "oopsie" leaving the garage door open for an hour or two and **** will freeze.

Actually, what's the proper way to burp a coolant system? I have to drain mine and fill it with water soon but haven't done this for 2 years. Bike didn't explode or spill last time but might as well get a refresher lol

Lol Paul... You should know better than to take inreb's posts literally... How long have you been with this forum? :cool:

Yep...and trolls be on the way out....

Back on topic....

My insulated garage normally doesn't get below zero... But as mentioned...it isn't worth the risk to just drain it.

Back
Top Bottom