18 Things You Can Do on a Cruiser but no on a Sportbike | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

18 Things You Can Do on a Cruiser but no on a Sportbike

Just checked the stats and my FZ1 has a higher weight capacity than an Electra Glide and my add on luggage has higher capacity. And it is faster, smoother, better handling (on non straight roads) and it as fuel efficient. With some tweaked ergonomics that I have done, as comfortable as a HD. I've ridden paved country roads, city streets, interstates, gravel, sand, cow paths, dirt switchbacks with grade changes that would kill an 800lb bike. From my experience, riding a cruiser must be fun, if your fun involves riding 10kmph slower than any speed limit and going around corners and curves so slow that your bike doesn't even need to lean at all.
Oh, I almost forgot.... The cruiser's stereo is better than mine, so yes, they are better. :p

I have always been a sportbike guy, and it really made sense when I lived in Southern California. Believe me when I say there are almost NO good roads here when you have lived there. I have also rented Electra Glides and taken them, with a passenger, up and down Palomar Mountain. If you want to say your FZ1 is more comfortable than an EG, then I will let you carry on. But I will laugh at you making that statement. I would take my 800 lb cruiser on anything you have taken your FZ1 on. It wouldn't be easy, but it wouldn't be hard. And then I would repeat it easily and swiftly on my SV. If you think my cruiser goes 10 less than the posted limit, please tell all the cops that too. Now fast and tight cornering is a problem, but some will still do it as fast as a lot of guys THINK they go on a sportbike. I've done all the super ergonomic tweaks to my SV, dirt bike handlebar conversion, seat, lower pegs, better suspension. But compared to the 2000 it's still like riding a child's bicycle (which to be fair is far nicer when pushing up my driveway with a small incline).

When you have both, you can see the pros and cons of each. A LOT of cruisers are dog slow but more of them are getting better nowadays. I wish I had a stereo, but they all sound like crap anyway. I'll stick with earbuds.

Just checked the stats and my FZ1 has a higher weight capacity than an Electra Glide and my add on luggage has higher capacity. And it is faster, smoother, better handling (on non straight roads) and it as fuel efficient. With some tweaked ergonomics that I have done, as comfortable as a HD. I've ridden paved country roads, city streets, interstates, gravel, sand, cow paths, dirt switchbacks with grade changes that would kill an 800lb bike. From my experience, riding a cruiser must be fun, if your fun involves riding 10kmph slower than any speed limit and going around corners and curves so slow that your bike doesn't even need to lean at all.
Oh, I almost forgot.... The cruiser's stereo is better than mine, so yes, they are better. :p

All valid points....however....did you get mud and water in your engine and it ran ok? Because if not then the cruiser wins. Unless you have a service station nearby....just askin...

Why can't we all just get along?

for some of us cruiser guys just getting our leg over the seat is more than enough of a work out, that is why we go on long rides to avoid having to get on and off to often

It's almost like I wrote this post myself!

When you have both, you can see the pros and cons of each. A LOT of cruisers are dog slow but more of them are getting better nowadays. I wish I had a stereo, but they all sound like crap anyway. I'll stick with earbuds.

From what I understand cruisers of all types rule the sales roost in North America, so the pressure to engineer more performance into them is limited. It wouldn't take much on most models. Dual disks on the front and slightly more suspension travel/ground clearance and a 6th gear would transform a lot of them into pretty good street bikes.

I suppose this is the quality writing to expect from a blog. If the intent was funny, I missed it. Maybe it was played serious with the intent to be funny?

I typically find folks with similar view points (of the author) on forums for dedicated cruising machines to pat each other on the back for the choice they made etc.

I really enjoy my cruiser. So does the missus. But, I'd tour on a Sport Bike any day. Just need to set it up right. Matter of fact, one of the benefits of a Sport Bike is the limited amount of cleaning. Warm soapy water to wipe down the plastics and a few other bits, good as new. Cruiser have either black or chrome, spokes and other bits that are a bugger to clean.

But, I'd tour on a Sport Bike any day. Just need to set it up right. Matter of fact, one of the benefits of a Sport Bike is the limited amount of cleaning. Warm soapy water to wipe down the plastics and a few other bits, good as new. Cruiser have either black or chrome, spokes and other bits that are a bugger to clean.

hence the never-seen-rain "garage queens".

I rode my Heritage Softail around Georgina Island yesterday. Found out that half of the road is gravel with many water-filled depressions / mudholes.

20150723_071041_zpscsawfeum.jpg

20150723_074806_zpsdqlwy5sq.jpg

Got most of the mud off last night. My secret to quicker washing is my Toro electric leaf blower...

Nope But it sounds like if we went on a ride together there would not be much lane left for the sporty bikes to pass

I like this guy!
We should eat, er, I mean, meet. ?

Not all Cruisers are covered in Chrome.

Also, they aren't covered in tupperware, that needs to be removed for maintenance.

I appreciated that with my old bike.

Pic of my current daily. It's not a cruiser, it's not a sport bike, but it does everything well except go fast.

Pic of my current daily. It's not a cruiser, it's not a sport bike, but it does everything well except go fast.

Lol. And people complain about the visibility of undertail and flush mounts.

Does it go fast enough to satisfy? Then it is perfect. What's with the dust rag on the handlebar?

Back
Top Bottom