18 Things You Can Do on a Cruiser but no on a Sportbike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

18 Things You Can Do on a Cruiser but no on a Sportbike

Ofcourse cruiser riders will feel uncomfortable on a sports bike during long rides.. Their bellies are too big for the fuel tank..I dont see too many athletic guys on a cruiser..

20) Riding them is as challenging and exciting as riding your couch so cruisers won't scare you and virtually anybody can ride one, unlike sport bikes that take higher degrees of skill to ride and are exciting to ride which means they are dangerous since they cause their riders to want go fast in corners so they crash more, so cruisers are safer.

I don't mind cruisers at all. In fact, I'd love to get a HD again. What bothers me is the outlaw image stupidity attached to the cruiser scene. But, one doesn't need to participate in that, just like one doesn't need to act like an idiot squid if he owns a "crotch rocket".

I think he hit a nerve on some people. :D

Ofcourse cruiser riders will feel uncomfortable on a sports bike during long rides.. Their bellies are too big for the fuel tank..I dont see too many athletic guys on a cruiser..

That's because I'm Riding2MickeyDees and not Riding2TheGym ?

really??????????

15. Take your bicycle with you

If you have a cruiser, you can also take your bicycle with you when you are going for a cross country trip. Cruisers are known for their load bearing capacity and you can easily strap your bicycle with your cruiser and take to the road. This is something you can never do with a sportbike. No matter how powerful a sportbike is, it can never carry the load that a cruiser is capable of. So next time you plan a tour to the countryside or a hike in the hills, take a cruiser and your bicycle along with it.

really??????????

If you have a cruiser, you can also take your bicycle with you when you.............

+1, not supergay

Well damn, apparently I've been doing it wrong.

For Sale: 1 lightly used VFR :p

Five dolla cash!!!! and 3 cooked chickens brah :cool:

I hear they keep stopping for ice cream....according to GTAM anyway...

really??????????

If you have a cruiser, you can also take your bicycle with you when you are going for a cross country trip. Cruisers are known for their load bearing capacity and you can easily strap your bicycle with your cruiser and take to the road. This is something you can never do with a sportbike. No matter how powerful a sportbike is, it can never carry the load that a cruiser is capable of. So next time you plan a tour to the countryside or a hike in the hills, take a cruiser and your bicycle along with it.
There's a guy on the ninjette forum that has a bike rack on his 250. Definitely don't need a cruiser for that.

really??????????

oh yeah, no way a supersport can carry a whole 20 lbs on the pillion, or panniers.

images

LL

IMG_0046.jpg

[video=youtube;1ytCEuuW2_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/video]

Last edited:
Missing something here, is it normal to want to put your bike on your bike? If I wanted to bike I would just ride my bike. Just saying.

Hey, I'm trying to get my belly under control. Do you have any tips?

for some of us cruiser guys just getting our leg over the seat is more than enough of a work out, that is why we go on long rides to avoid having to get on and off to often

Just checked the stats and my FZ1 has a higher weight capacity than an Electra Glide and my add on luggage has higher capacity. And it is faster, smoother, better handling (on non straight roads) and it as fuel efficient. With some tweaked ergonomics that I have done, as comfortable as a HD. I've ridden paved country roads, city streets, interstates, gravel, sand, cow paths, dirt switchbacks with grade changes that would kill an 800lb bike. From my experience, riding a cruiser must be fun, if your fun involves riding 10kmph slower than any speed limit and going around corners and curves so slow that your bike doesn't even need to lean at all.
Oh, I almost forgot.... The cruiser's stereo is better than mine, so yes, they are better. :p

Back
Top Bottom