Wheel chock on Dimond grate trailer bed. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wheel chock on Dimond grate trailer bed.

Two50noob

Site Supporter
I recently purchased this chock

61vB8yNgDjL._SL1010_.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008CE0O8E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

To transport on my pop trailers cargo deck

232XRT_Extlarge1.jpg

The deck is a Dimond grate Im wondering what my most secure method of bolting that chock down is going to be. Thoughts?

or a couple lengths of 2x4 to spread the load, if you go plywood make sure it exterior grade glueline.

If you have a lifting table for repairs, one of the things they all stress is never to trust the block.
Always tie down the front wheel to it.

If you have a lifting table for repairs, one of the things they all stress is never to trust the block.
Always tie down the front wheel to it.

Thats for the suggestions the Steel plate was already on my mind and its cheep and close so that what im going to do.

Yea dont worry the bike will also be tied down.

I would just through bolt it with 3/8" or so bolts and fender washers on the bottom to help spread the load out
If the bolts are easily visible from the top I would install the bolts with the threaded portion facing up to show if the nuts are coming loose also nylock nuts would be good for this application

good call on the steel plates,. there is potential for a LOT of sideways torque on that setup if you had to back quickly. Unloading your bike out of the pickup truck after an emergency stop would be awkward.

Back
Top Bottom