H2R at Shannonville | GTAMotorcycle.com

H2R at Shannonville

Yep. Been talking about it on TFC for a few days now. You could fault the guy for taking it easy but you're not the one trying to make sense of a 326hp missile. :)

Wow, if I had a $60,000 bike, I would be taking it easy too.lol. Can you imagine the repare bill from a minor crash. If that was my bike, I would bubble wrap it and then bring it to the track. lol.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

The bubble wrap comment was more of a joke. There's nothing wrong with going at your own pace and thats what he's doing. Who knows, it might be his first track day with that bike and he's shaking the cob webs out. Just because you have one of the best toys on the planet, doesn't mean your one of the best riders on the planet. If at the end of the day he has a smile on his face, thats all that counts. Love the bike, wish I was there to see it in person.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Not only was that his first time out with the bike, it was the first time the bike had turned a wheel under its own power.

Is it normal to be in one gear around the whole track or that is a byproduct of the insane power the bike has? I think I saw him go into 4th once.

Is it normal to be in one gear around the whole track or that is a byproduct of the insane power the bike has? I think I saw him go into 4th once.

It's a byproduct of the insane power. Small bikes have to be in the right gear all the time for the engine to be in the powerband, but not over-revving, all the time and that means lots of gear changes. This monster makes so much power everywhere that even lower in the revs, there's more than you can use, so why bother changing gear? 4th is enough for the straightaway, 1st is completely insane and too violent for exiting corners, so 2nd through 4th it is.

This thing is crazy.
Even people who have ridden the H2 are in awe. Saying it feels much faster than an HP4. Just imagine this thing. If I took it to a track I'd have the training wheels on it.

Funny, I rode a stock geared 2011 zx10 and it was the same deal, middle of 4th off the back straight and 2nd around the rest of the track. It was terrible and very frustrating.

I don't think I'd be doing any crazy laptimes on my $60,000 bike especially on its maiden voyage.

schwing! what a fire breathing machine. try to draft that rocket on daytona's banking....

watch closely, and you can see he banged his fairing on the curbing of turn one pretty good at ~ 16:39 ....careful now...

just pure excess, i love it.

thx for the entertainment mr. H2R

How many laps would the rear tire on this bike last if it was ridden at 10/10ths? Does it have the chassis/suspension and electronics pkg to handle 300+ BHP?

What kind of lap times have test riders being putting up? Are they on par or ahead of an S1000rr or other top SBK bikes?

Sorry for the hijack.... anyone going to shannonville tomorrow july 23. Riders choice track day.

I'll be there (only in spirit though).

How many laps would the rear tire on this bike last if it was ridden at 10/10ths?

Not very many. Even the street version is a tire destroying monster if you start playing with the throttle. The tires that these bikes come standard with are premium Bridgestones (slicks for the H2R, RS10 for the H2), no OEM cheapskating here, but tire longevity was not a design priority here. Wanna play, ya gotta pay.

Does it have the chassis/suspension and electronics pkg to handle 300+ BHP?

The chassis, suspension, and electronics are very good BUT try to put that kind of power to the ground on a bike of anything remotely like this length and center of gravity height, and the front wheel is going to want to be in the air in the lower gears no matter how good the chassis and suspension are. If you want the front wheel to not go skyward then you either have to make the bike longer (like Rickey Gadson did!) but then agility goes out the window and it will want to spin the tire if you try to go around corners with it, or you tame it with the electronics - which it does. You CAN turn the traction control off ... but thou shalt leave it on. It works well.

These bikes have a very planted, solid, secure feel to them, and that's as it should be.

What kind of lap times have test riders being putting up? Are they on par or ahead of an S1000rr or other top SBK bikes?

If your objective is to lap a relatively tight and somewhat bumpy racetrack in the fastest possible time, the H2 is the wrong tool for the job (and in pretty much the same way that a ZX14 or Busa is the wrong tool for the job - Too heavy, too long, too much work to ride). A superbike, or its street equivalent, will be a better match. The H2 was not designed to be faster around a racetrack than a superbike - that's what the ZX10R is for. It was designed to be an exciting bike to ride - and it is.

One of the issues is that it has SO much power that it eats straightaways in no time flat and is now going faster at the end of that straightaway and it's easy for a situation like that to get ahead of the rider ... and you can see where that happened once in the video towards the end. Fortunately the brakes are good, too ... but that's not going to help if you run out of road. Also, because there is so much top end power, the amount of acceleration you get is strongly dependent on what RPM you shift gears ... and it pulls so hard that it's hard to be exactly consistent with the shift points. In that video, if you watch the speedo, there was a lot of variation in speed on the straightaway, and that makes it harder to do consistent lap times. It's not that the bike is doing anything "wrong" ... it's just that "das maschinen ist nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das domkopfen" ...

Back
Top Bottom