How to get a business to stop leaving pylons on the road? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to get a business to stop leaving pylons on the road?

unL33T

There is a business named Consiglio's on St. Clair that likes to leave pylons in their delivery spot. I have no problem with that. My problem is that they leave them out so far (basically 6 inches from the line) that they block the part of the wide right lane that cars would park in that should be open for cyclists and motorcyclists (since it's wider here my understanding is we are allowed to ride in it). The spot is already marked with no parking signs. Don't ask me how they got that since I don't think any other businesses in the area have no parking in front of them for deliveries all day (7am-6pm). I've reported this to 311 and bylaw probably 10-20 times already and I've contacted the business about it 3-5 times. Usually 311/bylaw just says they did an investigation and there were no pylons there, then I drive/ride by the next day and they are there again or they claim they are only there during deliveries (they are there almost every afternoon). I got the practice stopped last year but it didn't last long when bylaw finally said they saw the pylons there and talked to the business.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get them to stop putting them so far out? How is it even legal to leave pylons on the road all day? I knew someone that worked as a civil engineer in the GTA for awhile and she told me if I were to leave something on the road while I'm at work I would face big fines but the city doesn't seem to care that Consiglio's does it...

Or if you want to email 311 and whine with me, it might help if more people are complaining.

I thought about just pretending I thought they were trash and stopping my bike and tossing them out somewhere, lol, but I didn't think that would be legal.

Thanks.

.....Consiglio's on St. Clair ...... Don't ask me how they got that since I don't think any other businesses in the area have no parking in front of them for deliveries all day (7am-6pm). .......... but the city doesn't seem to care that Consiglio's does it.........

I think its kinda obvious

So thief em....and keep doing it....when it gets expensive to keep replacing them, they'll stop.

Remove the cones and use for gymkhana skill practice.

Your proof with the City is on Google Street view. You can see the pilons. You can also clearly see a curb drop was installed when the curb was poured yet there is no official crossing to the other side or the street car median. They are probably using this for the deliveries as you noted. My guess is that they have some sort of unofficial arrangement with the City. They probably complained hard enough and the City is turnimg to their heads to the issue. If you really want to fight the issue, complain to the local Councilor. But they will most likely back up the business. Or try a feedom of information request and ask why this particular business is getting special treatment.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom