Transponders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Transponders?

Mina

Site Supporter
I have a line on a used AMB x260 transponder. Is it as simple as giving the race organization the number on the front or does it need to be re-registered with mylaps?

You have to pay to re assign it with MyLaps and it's not cheap to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that on their website it's about $42.

This is what the seller had to say: " When I bought it there were two options, the flex which had yearly fees and a subscription. Then there was the one I bought, which I ordered and never had to register or provide any info for. I just told my organization the transponder number and that was it."

Which makes sense, this is the same unit they rent out at RACE events and I can't see RACE re-registering every transponder before they rent it out.

I bought mine used and didn't reassign it. I just tell them my transponder number at registration and it shows up as me on their timing and scroing. I may bay loosing out on a couple features by not having it assigned but I can see all my lap times on both the app and regular site which is all I care about.

So they ask you for your transponder #, name and that's it?

How does your lap time show up on MyLaps if you haven't reassigned it on their website? A little confused, to be honest.

So they ask you for your transponder #, name and that's it?

How does your lap time show up on MyLaps if you haven't reassigned it on their website? A little confused, to be honest.

I show up to registration, they write my transponder number down, my times show up with my name on the website/app/timing and scoring sheets.

Cool. Good news is he never registered it with MyLaps. I don't have to worry about reassigning it. One more thing out of the way. Thanks guys!

Cool. Good news is he never registered it with MyLaps. I don't have to worry about reassigning it. One more thing out of the way. Thanks guys!

Again, mines registered with someone else but it doesn't matter. When the track logs your name/number it shows up as you when your riding because the track has your name with that transponder number. How could they rent transponders if they had to have a name attached to them? They sure as heck wouldn't be calling mylaps everyweekend to register 50+ transponders. I have no idea who's name my transponder has attached to it and don't care.

Last edited:
I bought mine used and didn't reassign it. I just tell them my transponder number at registration and it shows up as me on their timing and scroing. I may bay loosing out on a couple features by not having it assigned but I can see all my lap times on both the app and regular site which is all I care about.

+1
Same thng for me. So far no probs wherever i race in the world (orgs that use AMB). Just cant see results on MyLaps unless registered.

+1
Same thng for me. So far no probs wherever i race in the world (orgs that use AMB). Just cant see results on MyLaps unless registered.

Everything works for me on mylaps. I have an account so I can see everyone's individual laps including my own. I don't know what feature(s) I'm missing but I don't need anything more than what I have access to now.

Back
Top Bottom