What engine oil should I use? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What engine oil should I use?

RockThis52

2008 ninja 250r

I know it's 10W-40 just don't know if I should get synthetic, semi, or mineral. Manual doesn't mention anything on it. And which brand. Leaning toward motul.

Thoughts?

Anything you want as long as its made for motorcycles. Motul is fine, the synthetic is expensive as **** though.

Motul and Amsoil are both good Oils. I'm partial towards Synthetic, Viscosity of synthetic oil is better throughout the temperature changes. From what I've heard Amsoil is nicer on the gearbox. it is expensive, but you get what you pay for..
My Opinion....

Thank you ; Mikey Moto, Blue Streak Racing, JT Sprockets, HiFlo Filters, Cycle Pro, Dyno-Jet. For your help and support.
www.cementheadracing.ca

Where's the typical Rotella love? Any oil of the right viscosity that meets the API rating (SJ, SL or whatever the manual says) and is MA2 will work. It's more important to change it regularly than to get the "best". My opinion, and no I don't use Rotella or Amsoil but they are probably OK.

Where's the typical Rotella love? Any oil of the right viscosity that meets the API rating (SJ, SL or whatever the manual says) and is MA2 will work. It's more important to change it regularly than to get the "best". My opinion, and no I don't use Rotella or Amsoil but they are probably OK.

Amsoil and Rotella T are no where near elitest enough for the BMW crowd. For those of us who buy our underwear at a department store, Rotella T will do just fine. $6 a liter at Walmart.

Rotella is good too. I use the Rotella non-synth in my vintage bikes, because I find it keeps the temp down on the aircooleds. But for my modern bike, I use royal purple, only because its purple.

But if someone handed me a random bottle of any synthetic motorcycle oil, I would use it, theyre all the same other than lifespan, and even thats debatable..

If you don't use oil manufactured by Tibetan virgins in a temple your bike will explode.

Use Rotella, the T6 stuff.

Use *any* motorcycle specific oil.

Anything... Castrol, Motul, Motorex.... anything. It doesn't matter.

Motul at Canadasmotorcycle.com is fairly well priced. Ships fast too!

Also, surprisingly, NAPA carries decent oil filters for most bikes.

Go to riders choice and pick motul semi synthetic for $40 - can't go wrong

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Use *any* motorcycle specific oil.

Anything... Castrol, Motul, Motorex.... anything. It doesn't matter.

This^

I know an old guy who uses castrol gtx on everything, he does not even know motorcycle specific oil exists. He has never had an issue.

I am not saying use car oil but it is what it is.

What's real important is that you change your oil in a timely manner

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

This^

I know an old guy who uses castrol gtx on everything, he does not even know motorcycle specific oil exists. He has never had an issue.

I am not saying use car oil but it is what it is.

What's real important is that you change your oil in a timely manner

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Same thing I know a guy who has 500,000 + and uses gtx. I am using T6

Back
Top Bottom