Dear moron riding the blue R6 in HOV lane this morning! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear moron riding the blue R6 in HOV lane this morning!

$100 dual lens dash cam and make an online report. The police don't need to see them to charge them.

So much missinformation here. Yes, you can report them, but they dont get charged. A "note" is made of the compaint and the registered owner of the vehicle may get a letter in the mail saying that someone complained about their actions etc. Should someone get flagged several time, they maybe visited and interviewed regarding their driving actions. This has been covered before in the forum. Each Police region have their own reporting procedures:

see:
http://www.roadwatch.ca/ReportSearchForm.aspx#bottom#bottom

https://webapp1.torontopolice.on.ca/dors/hit-run.html

http://www.1800222tips.com/road-watch

I knew a guy his driving got reported, later down the road opp pulled him over, got nailed with careless. Took it court and still got convicted.

That was 6 years ago. Unless it's changed now?

Dual lens - ebay

Reporting? Whatever police dept in your area/opp. Check their site. However 911 if they're really goofy.

No idea, but ragu got busted however that's different.

At least with a dash cam you don't have the write down a lp # and have a better description of the rider than a few seconds trying to remember if goofy had a tattoo on his left arm.

Last edited:
No idea, but ragu got busted however that's different.

At least with a dash cam you don't have the write down a lp # and have a description of the rider.

Memories....lmao

So much missinformation here. Yes, you can report them, but they dont get charged. A "note" is made of the compaint and the registered owner of the vehicle may get a letter in the mail saying that someone complained about their actions etc
is that note printed on soft white paper on a convenient roll?
I wonder what roads would be like if there were a few thousand video deputies that could provide evidence to actually charge a-holes on the highways? The OPP have no interest in anything other than speeding ticket revenue, while speeding is way down on the list of unsafe driving habits in the real world.

hehe i talked to a cop the other day while we were waiting at a left turning light (carlaw/lakeshore @ end of Gardiner) and he said that normally he's in blocking position but when patrolling by himself now, he just uses the left tire track.

And yeah while it leaves space... the chances of the car seeing you are already slim, so by being in the left, closer to shoulder, not as big of an adjustment in your direction when going at "high speeds (80-100)". So i not only ride in back of a car but i also ride in the left tire track which...doesn't make in general but in this situation the car does all the blocking for me lol

I highly agree with this statement of riding in the left tire track on HOV.

While blocking position is merely a suggestion/guideline, in certain situations like riding the HOV lane, I believe that it is quite dangerous to ride the right tire track in blocking position. Drivers generally do not see you on a bike...they can barely see other cars approaching in the HOV especially when they are frustrated and wanting to skip into the HOV lane. It doesnt help that there is normally a large speed differential between HOV and middle lane on the gardiner/DVP. Riding the left tire track gives you a little bit more time to react incase someone pulls out in front of you. When the traffic starts moving at a more normal rate of speed, I'll get back into the right tire track into the blocking position.

It worries me when I see motorcyclists ride the right tire track going 60km/h while cars in the adjacent lanes are stopped.

It worries me when I see motorcyclists ride the right tire track going 60km/h while cars in the adjacent lanes are stopped.
Trust me... I didn't see HOW the accident happened but there was one on the gardiner last week at the exit where i usually hop on to it. Bike vs car. Biker was on a stretcher, bike didn't look good.

Didn't find any info on the news so i guess he was just injured but it looked bad.
That's what made me ultra paranoid

is that note printed on soft white paper on a convenient roll?
I wonder what roads would be like if there were a few thousand video deputies that could provide evidence to actually charge a-holes on the highways? The OPP have no interest in anything other than speeding ticket revenue, while speeding is way down on the list of unsafe driving habits in the real world.

I think the process is there to appease the driver reporting the incident, so things don't escalate into road rage. Right now, I'm more worried about deer than cars on the DVP.. ;-) http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/12/14/vehicle_catches_fire_after_hitting_deer_on_dvp.html

I've actually seen a stag with huge antlers trotting up next to the DVP in the area near that rainbow bridge at 4pm in the afternoon!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom