Insurance Insurance Insurance...... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Insurance Insurance......

xinfamousx

Just need some help with insurance...

Im 21 currently living in Vaughan just recently purchased a yamaha yzf r6 2009 and have taken my m2 course just a few days ago

i was on the verge of getting my bike insured by a legit broker who quoted me $1256 if i had my m2 reason why i went for it asap.
he then called me on the day informing me i couldn't receive that premium because the company doesn't insure any sports bike...

can anyone help me out with a good company its been a hassle trying to get insurance I've tried TD, STATE FARM, and a few others if anyone knows a good company that would insure anyone with m2 class for an r6 let me know !

Lots of companies will insure you. How much money ya got?

I'm looking to spend no more then 2600$ and i have my g2 also with less then 5 years of driving experience if that plays a factor because i know allstate won't insure without 5 years of driving experience

I'm looking to spend no more then 2600$ and i have my g2 also with less then 5 years of driving experience if that plays a factor because i know allstate won't insure without 5 years of driving experience
That's probably not going to happen.

There are many factors determining insurance quotes, age, driving record, licence class, years licenced, motorcycle class, motorcycle displacement.

So to start off, how old are you?
Any accidents in the past 6 years?
Any tickets in the past 3 years?
How long have you been licenced for? (g2)

Even with all those factors in your favour, considering you are g2 less than 5 years I am going to assume you are younger than 25, you are def looking at $3500+, thats if you are lucky.

There are many factors determining insurance quotes, age, driving record, licence class, years licenced, motorcycle class, motorcycle displacement.

So to start off, how old are you?
Any accidents in the past 6 years?
Any tickets in the past 3 years?
How long have you been licenced for? (g2)

Even with all those factors in your favour, considering you are g2 less than 5 years I am going to assume you are younger than 25, you are def looking at $3500+, thats if you are lucky.

i wish 3500$ beats having to pay 6000$ a year! I have a clean record no tickets or anything and I've had my g2 for now 2 years so I understand and the surcharge is high on sortsbike specially for someone my age

id say expect minimum $400 (if your lucky) to $700 a month for insurance, i knew a guy that had a 2010 R6 around your age and was paying $610 a month , but that wasnt in the gta area

id say expect minimum $400 (if your lucky) to $700 a month for insurance, i knew a guy that had a 2010 R6 around your age and was paying $610 a month , but that wasnt in the gta area

yeah it's crazy the best I got quoted was about 500$ a month There's nothing better for someone the age of 21 from what I could think of

Sell your R6 and buy something smaller. In 3 years time you would have saved enough from your reduced premium to buy the R6 again. $6k/yr insurance premium is criminal. Try a taste of deferred gratification, i.e. your R6 need for speed will be gratified in 3 years time.

Your high premium is the insurance industry's subtle way of telling you that you should not ride an R6.

Last edited:
Oh you are 21, somehow missed that in the original thread. You are def looking at around $5k minimum, and thats if you are lucky. When I was in your situation and quoted for a cbr 600rr I got 4400, thats when I had my G for a year and 5 years of driving experience. hold off for a bit, go with a smaller bike, even just a year or two you will see a huge drop in prices.

Your high premium is the insurance industry's subtle way of telling you that you should not ride an R6.

+1. Your age, driving record (besides no tickets, they all look at years of driving), also # of years you've been insured are all factors in your premium, alongside with postal code, types of bike, etc.

Do what TorontoBoy suggested, and get the R6 later for the streets.

Or if you are keen on riding the R6 now, then track days may be an alternative for you.

He already bought the R6, before he checked into insurance. So OP you hav etwo choices sell it and get something smaller, (I know you have already mastered your 250). Or bite the bullet and if the only bike you can live with is the R6 then you have to pay to play.

Please, please do not ride your R6 without insurance, on any public road. If anything happens and you are implicated with an incident, and someone makes a claim against you, you will have to pay out of your own pocket. This will make your insurance premium seem very inexpensive. For example, dent a car bumper and that will cost you $1,000 easy.

Please, please do not ride your R6 without insurance, on any public road. If anything happens and you are implicated with an incident, and someone makes a claim against you, you will have to pay out of your own pocket. This will make your insurance premium seem very inexpensive. For example, dent a car bumper and that will cost you $1,000 easy.

thanks for your input I agree I wouldn't ride without insurance I'm covered so it's all good I'm not that person who would have the balls for that

Funny how OP starts multiple insurance threads looking for help and advice, but won't give up any details when it's "dealt with".
What's the consensus? Paying $6000, fraud, or did you happen to find a magic broker who found you insurance at $2600?

Back
Top Bottom