Forks crack down | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Forks crack down

4 years and "Fork Free" ;-) I haven't been near that area in such a long time. Maybe I'll do ride out that way in the autumn if I get time

I'm beating my head against a wall here again but why the f@ck do you waste your time at that crappy road?!!?! it sucks, it's crowded, it's full of dpuches. The only explanation to ride there is you don't like riding can't ride or you need a short ride to make sure you run back home at the time your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/hag demands you be back.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the crackdown, but, has anyone else heard the Mazda commercial on the radio? I've heard it on Boom 97.3. They ask the girl what her favourite road to drive is and she responds "Forks of the Credit road near Belfountain".
Will post link if I can.

Bonus! Keep the cars off the more fun roads in the region and clog up the Forks! If I ever take that road it's cause I'm bored and want to take Mississauga Road south to home instead of 10.

I'm beating my head against a wall here again but why the f@ck do you waste your time at that crappy road?!!?! it sucks, it's crowded, it's full of dpuches. The only explanation to ride there is you don't like riding can't ride or you need a short ride to make sure you run back home at the time your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/hag demands you be back.

Its still nice on a quiet day. There are some nice places past it and around it. So i ride through it getting there and them back that way later.

Let em ride it...keep the other roads free and more enjoyable!

Forks of the Credit....BEST road in Ontario by far...no comparison!

I'm beating my head against a wall here again but why the f@ck do you waste your time at that crappy road?!!?! it sucks, it's crowded, it's full of dpuches. The only explanation to ride there is you don't like riding can't ride or you need a short ride to MAKE SURE YOU RUN BACK HOME AT THE TIME YOUR WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND/HAG DEMANDS YOU BE BACK.

Guilty.
Plus they have ice cream.

One can do a lot of riding between here and there. Do you really think people come from all over to ride one road? I can ride all day and am happy to be able to work several favourite stops into my loop be it Paris, Giffens@ Glen Huron, Creemore, Belfountain or Campbellville. More often than not I'll see a familiar face. Betcha I enjoy riding more than you, probably better at it too. Enjoy what's left of your miserable life:)

One can do a lot of riding between here and there. Do you really think people come from all over to ride one road? I can ride all day and am happy to be able to work several favourite stops into my loop be it Paris, Giffens@ Glen Huron, Creemore, Belfountain or Campbellville. More often than not I'll see a familiar face. Betcha I enjoy riding more than you, probably better at it too. Enjoy what's left of your miserable life:)

This is by far the most coherent you have ever been. And at over 7000 posts you clearly ride the keyboard better than anyone

Let riders ride and all that.

Very generous of you but in actual fact some riders are ruining it for everybody else. 7,285 posts and counting.

Doesn't matter. You're a bully if you say anything. Let em ride and our insurances increase, police presence increase.... there's rules here. :rolleyes:

Never ride the Forks and never ride the River. Being from around there, I have my own secret roads none of you guys know about, way better.

never ridden the forks. ive heard a lot of negative stuff about it over the years so whenever i want to do some actual riding i pack up and take off for a couple days. either up to the cottage in muskoka, or currently im sitting at my hotel in P.E.I and just rode the Cabot trail yesterday.
if you want a good ride and dont mind 3 hr trip or so head out to Trenton. awesome roads, the main road connecting the 401 to any roads to ride on is better than anything within 1hr of toronto.

for a better 3 hour ride, head to Pennsylvania.

Realistically how far into PA (or from Toronto) do you need to go to get some good riding in south of the border? Is a day ride possible? Or weekend as a minimum?

Realistically PA is an overnight at a minimum with the awful QEW run. An extended weekend is best.

Allegheny state Park is also a great option for a very long day or ideally an overnight.

Realistically how far into PA (or from Toronto) do you need to go to get some good riding in south of the border? Is a day ride possible? Or weekend as a minimum?

Oh and don't forget about New Hampshire. Incredible riding roads with no traffic. Only a couple hours away if you own an H2.

While PA, eastern Ontario, NH, etc all have great areas for riding ... none of those work for the quick "I need to get away from my desk/office for an hour" rides that are pretty much all I have had time for lately, and even those have been tough to do.

Back
Top Bottom