How do you guys ride on the weekends? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you guys ride on the weekends?

I usually leave early Saturday or Sunday morning and ride alone. I avoid most traffic this way and I don't feel pressure to speed or keep up with anyone else
This..on Sunday traffic doesn't usually build up until after midday. And I also avoid the west end.. Mind you, noticed a few more LEOs on certain areas this year in the east side

went out riding Niagara/Hamilton Saturday morning-afternoon. not one PoPo except in Hamilton. All of the back roads, nothing, barely even any traffic

Gravel roads work, but watch out for impaired drivers. They use dirt roads because there is no popo. Ride after 3am and assume every car is a cop. Or start a motoronto ride, by the time cop turns around and passes all the other bikes, you'll be long gone. Lol

This..on Sunday traffic doesn't usually build up until after midday. And I also avoid the west end.. Mind you, noticed a few more LEOs on certain areas this year in the east side
Totally agree about riding early. Can ride Hockley, the forks anywhere really if you are out by 6 am. I started riding early when I was first riding and wanting to get more experience. The habit just stuck and having read the threads on crowds n Forks and River road in the PM I am glad it did

Not that i don't speed but I generally keep to 10 over weekend or weekday riding. Its not really about the speed for me I just enjoy the ride plodding along at my own pace.

Had the Classic down at dover on Sunday was so hot I went squid and got a wicked sun burn must be the gear gods punishing me (Or just my own stupidity for not wearing sunblock.)

2l6ys5.jpg

That is a GS400E, I had the exact same model, colour, and year. Why do you call it a GSX400?

That is a GS400E, I had the exact same model, colour, and year. Why do you call it a GSX400?

The model names are interchangeable - I think it was branded as a GSX400 overseas (but not here, for some reason).

The model names are interchangeable - I think it was branded as a GSX400 overseas (but not here, for some reason).

Well then, I learned something new today. Thanks for the info.

went out riding Niagara/Hamilton Saturday morning-afternoon. not one PoPo except in Hamilton. All of the back roads, nothing, barely even any traffic
hwy20? lots of laser -straight roads out there.

Anyone wonder where all these motorcycle OPP come from?, seems to be 3X the number of past summers, all new bikes.

GSX400.. thats what they were called down under.. remember the "impulse" edition? One of the original "streetfighters"

27716316.jpg

For weekend ride tips I usually consult Sonnythebull.

What are you guys doing riding in urban areas, besides sweating and working out your clutch hand? I start feeling crowded if I see more than one car every twenty minutes.

I'm boring and I don't have a full M license yet, so I mostly drive the speed limit.

On weekends, I mostly stick to the 2-lane blacktop, exploring the back roads in Durham and Northumberland counties. The scenery is nice and the traffic isn't bad, but the drive isn't challenging; just ease it into top gear, relax, and enjoy the ride. I think I might start using the freeways for the first leg, just to get away from the 416 a bit sooner.

I noticed an OPP radar trap on #7 at Brooklin a few weeks ago, but that's the only enforcement I've spotted.

The Buckhorn Road (#507) looks like a fun trip. If my saddle doesn't kill me first, I'd like to try that someday soon. How are the butter tarts at Flynn's Turn?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zb6uoRexwLmY.k_Ssd_E1Sg_c&hl=en_US

What are you guys doing riding in urban areas, besides sweating and working out your clutch hand? I start feeling crowded if I see more than one car every twenty minutes.

That is just too far from a decent trauma unit but all kidding aside I received my career worst HTA coupons in no mans land because I was foolish and felt it was safe to express my antisocial motorcycle behavior.

Back
Top Bottom