How do you guys ride on the weekends? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you guys ride on the weekends?

Rode this past Saturday, did not see one cop but one...chick cop speeding out of a THs parking lot....true story.

thank you. so I wasn't the only one?

OPP was out in full force this weekend, everywhere. It was crazy! I experienced it personally. :(

I saw so many cops this weekend, I've been looking at dirtbikes.

And they were all over back roads as well. Concession 3 east of Bowmanville. Mt Horeb rd S/E of Lindsay. While not rural, they are not main roads.

It had to be some sort of blitz.

Edit: and I know they were all over main roads as well. all the 400 hwys, lakeridge rd, the 507. every hill crest, blind corner or bridge passing had me expecting them.

I swear I did the same route as the op today. Not 1 cop. I was home by noon tho. I guess being early helps

Ok, once we got off the QEW they were minimal. Just the two OPP's on Harley's at the bottom of Rattlesnake point.
Oh, and one coming out of Waterdown on HWY 5 going east just before going down the hill to Walkers Line.
But, they are always there.

There have been cops constantly patrolling the QEW looking for HOV lane violators. That shouldn't be surprising.

Appleby south of Derry is a common speed trap because of the under-posted speed limit, and Walkers in the vicinity of Sideroad 1 because of rich folks living there and the under-posted speed limit. Sideroad 1 itself is another hot spot (the last ticket I had was there).

Last edited:
Left at 7am on Saturday and back home by 11:30....lots of cops near Hockley but there was a PanAm event so not surprising. Keep it within 20 over and had no issues. Plus everyone was warning me so took it easy.

Rode from Markham > Port Perry > Bobcaygeon > Halliburton > Huntsville > Rossau > Bala > Orillia > Georgina yesterday, only saw one radar trap... in Orillia (no surprise, OPP headquarters).

Rode from Oakville to Hamilton today; only saw one trap on Britannia just west of Appleby. Common spot.

How about riding within the law then speed traps aren't an issue. Don't know what the big deal is. Just go with the flow of traffic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AFAIK I was going the same speed or slower than the bike ahead of me and from my perspective I was dawdling....wrong time wrong place ....even the cop was apologetic.
Don't be sanctimonious.....this is Ontario not Australia where limits are tightly enforced.
You do the speed limit on the 4 series and you're not "going with the flow " ...you are seriously interrupting it.

AFAIK I was going the same speed or slower than the bike ahead of me and from my perspective I was dawdling....wrong time wrong place ....even the cop was apologetic.
Don't be sanctimonious.....this is Ontario not Australia where limits are tightly enforced.
You do the speed limit on the 4 series and you're not "going with the flow " ...you are seriously interrupting it.
I never said do the speed limit on the hwy I said go with the flow of traffic. They aren't going to pull you out of 20 people doing 120. Within the law means not going 50+ over and riding like a tard.

How about riding within the law then speed traps aren't an issue. Don't know what the big deal is. Just go with the flow of traffic.

Careful. You'll confuse them with that sort of sound logic.

Well, you weren't on the 4 series highways, were you now? You were in an area with a known frequent weekend police presence.

Well low rider, even when we rode together in that area, dont you remember the supervisor cop taking his sweet ***** time to go up the corkscrew at rattlesnake and then driving 5 under the limit for the next 3 minutes in a STRAIGHT LINE...

It's a nice area and cops aren't "dumb". And most likely they get complaints from residents so ..they know where to go to wait for us

also due to pan-am games. There are facilities outside Toronto around the gta so there will be more presence there.

When first married will lived on the top of the escarpment on Appleby line. The rattlesnake hill was like Pikes Peak, police gets lots of calls about bikes and cars with very load exhaust revving the crap out of themselves in 1st/2nd climbing the hill. And its 60km all the way to C'ville sideroad since those rolling hills are awesome to get some air.
It was 80km when we lived there but several cars on the roof in the rhubarb changed that.

Not that i don't speed but I generally keep to 10 over weekend or weekday riding. Its not really about the speed for me I just enjoy the ride plodding along at my own pace.

Had the Classic down at dover on Sunday was so hot I went squid and got a wicked sun burn must be the gear gods punishing me (Or just my own stupidity for not wearing sunblock.)

2l6ys5.jpg

I have not been pulled over in years. I know enough to keep an eye open.
It just sucks. Cops everywhere.

I haven't had a speeding ticket in 9 years. I do speed, but I try to pick my time and place with much more scrutiny than before. Cops everywhere is right. No totally safe spots anymore. Eventually, one passes a dopler patrol car going down his favorite, "safe" road where no cops are ever seen, doing nothing other than looking for speeders coming from the front or behind. If you're lucky, it will be a marked cruiser and you have a chance at slowing down. If you're not, it'll be an unmarked unit and you're cooked.

So why have a bike with 150+ horsepower and TC and ES and etc. when you can already lose your license and bike and livelihood and savings on a bike with 100 hp and no technology?

No wonder there are more cops out there cruising for speeders or sneakily tucked away behind a road sign than ever before. There's more "Ricky Racers" twats out there than ever before, ruining it for the rest of us who like to ride with some added pace, but don't act like total vargen idiots on public roads, thinking we can buy our way to becoming the next Valentino Marquez and using public roads as our training tracks.

Too bad the wide net of the police catches all speeders, including "gentlemen speeders" like myself, :thumbup: not just the a-wholes who act with reckless indiscretion and abandon and ruin it for the rest of us. :p

strangest thing I saw this weekend were 3 OPP cars on the Eastbound 403 between Mavis exit and Mississauga Rd overpass. that's like only a distance of 2 km...

I was also coming from Wasaga on Saturday and was on the 26 East Highway from Collingwood to the beach, I'm doing a slow 90km (that's the limit) in the right lane because a cop was cruising behind me in the left. He was making it a point to stay right behind me so I was kinda spooked, especially having just come back from a long *** suspension a couple weeks ago.

He sped up a little past me maybe a car length or two and puts on the cherries, I'm like "WTF did I do now?? bike, license plate, sticker everything was legit and I was looking kinda responsible geared head to toe despite the heat...He then pulls over into the little median some highways have and I followed thinking he was after me, I pull up to the window...

"Sir are you pulling me over??"

"No...I was just stopping here"

"Then why did you turn on your lights?"

"Oh, just so the people behind me know I'd be slowing down and turning in.."

At that point I was thinking to myself wtf?? You got blinkers for that and who the hell assumes a cop is gonna slow down once he hits the cherries...I was just happy to pull over for once because I knew he didn't have **** on me and wasn't taking any chances.

The beach was fun, not as many cops but lots of park officers, I had some dumbass prick local try to start **** at the Beer Store but the situation was quickly diffused when he realized he was going to catch a faceful of titanium and carbon fiber. I remember guys posting here how a lot of the locals are a bunch of dumb drunks trying to start **** for no reason but in all these years I had never experienced anything until this...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom