How do you guys ride on the weekends? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you guys ride on the weekends?

Low rider

Site Supporter
I usually keep off the streets on the weekends. Most of the constabulary issues I have had were on the weekend.

So I tend to stay at home or drive the car on the weekend.

My friend wanted to get together for a bit of a spin today. So from Oakville, off we went to the Ice House.

Just on my way from North West Mississauga to his house in South East Oakville, I saw a total of 7 cops on the 403, QEW.

Off we go for our ride. We got hit by 3 speed traps, and saw at least 9 cops. Including two OPP Harley's coming down Rattlesnake point on "Appleby Line?"

It really makes me want to leave the bike in the garage on weekends.

Most other weekends I go out, I see at least two cops hiding trying to get speeders.

It's damn discouraging. How they hide in a person's driveway or an unused gravel roadway. Just waiting for the unsuspecting person going a little over the posted speed limit.

Really, some of the places they decide to hide are ridiculous. Why would any body care if I speed on a deserted highway where there are no other cars for miles??????

Come on.

How do you guys deal with this?
I know, I stay near the posted speed limit on most roads on the weekend. But that gets tired after a few minutes.

I usually leave early Saturday or Sunday morning and ride alone. I avoid most traffic this way and I don't feel pressure to speed or keep up with anyone else

It's summer right now, and PAN AM is happening. There is additional enforcement on highways and roadways where HOV lanes exist. This should not be of surprise to you by any stretch. Beyond that, what I gather from your post is that you don't like riding on the weekends, because there are cops. That alone begs plenty of questions. lol.

I'd suggest - given the amount of people out there enjoying their motorcycles, and automobiles on the weekends (when they are not working) that all of them don't seem to have the same issue as you. Seemingly, the problem is you, and the riding style you're likely trying to enjoy (and just not telling) cop-free. :D If that's true, then all I can say is - sucks for you, cause you're riding style is getting in the way of enjoying the riding season.

I don't ride where the mainstream gta goes on weekends. That helps. That said I went to the ice house a couple weeks ago then down to lakeshore and out to Burlington and didn't see a single cop. If I want to ride on weekends I usually go well out of the way. Algonquin, bancroft or places south like new york or Ohio.

I ride mostly weekends, in the areas where LowRider has issues (since I live there) and have no constabulary challenges. None. In 20some years. Maybe follow BrianP's thoughts and go tracking or find a new hobby that satisfies. If its no fun stop doing it.

Funny, I've found that I've met more friendly police officers wanting to check out my cool bike during weekdays than weekends

I have not been pulled over in years. I know enough to keep an eye open.
It just sucks. Cops everywhere.

It's summer right now, and PAN AM is happening. There is additional enforcement on highways and roadways where HOV lanes exist. This should not be of surprise to you by any stretch. Beyond that, what I gather from your post is that you don't like riding on the weekends, because there are cops. That alone begs plenty of questions. lol.

I'd suggest - given the amount of people out there enjoying their motorcycles, and automobiles on the weekends (when they are not working) that all of them don't seem to have the same issue as you. Seemingly, the problem is you, and the riding style you're likely trying to enjoy (and just not telling) cop-free. :D If that's true, then all I can say is - sucks for you, cause you're riding style is getting in the way of enjoying the riding season.

I really only ever ride on weekends, and although cops are out, they seem to stick to the major highways and routes (eg. 401, 404/DVP, QEW, 115/35, etc). Rarely see them on the smaller, more twisty roads up north, likely due to the fact that if they sat there maybe 10-20 cars would go past them in an hour if they're lucky.

Maybe you're picking the wrong roads? Also, given increased enforcement due to it being summer and a weekend (when people typically leave and return to the city), speeding on a major roadway is pretty much asking for it...best to keep it to the speed of traffic, or at most 10-15km/h over the limit to not get nailed.

If I go for a group ride, we always do it mid week.
weekends are too busy anywhere you go. Everyone is trying to jam 3 days worth of stuff into two.

I try and avoid the city for a real ride. Nothing like a back country road where there aren't any houses for miles, and topping out 2nd gear on a 750cc...... pure 172 range about 1/2 the rpm band ago...

Put some dual sport tires on and ride gravel. I can't remember ever seeing a cop on a gravel road, and they definitely aren't setting up speed traps on gravel.

Duel sport tires on my RC51.....makes you wonder.

Duel sport tires on my RC51.....makes you wonder.

Maybe the RC51 as a street bike is the problem. Not enjoyable riding sedately and too much fun riding fast.

I don't ride where the mainstream gta goes on weekends. That helps. That said I went to the ice house a couple weeks ago...

Let me guess, before it was cool, right? Lol.

I just avoid peak hours wherever I choose to go and keep a low profile otherwise. There are plenty of willing lambs to keep the revenuers occupied.

Who said anything about before it was cool? I'd never been to the ice house before. Went to see it and was gone. The point was I avoid forks like the plague on a weekend. Same with hockley and the gta if at all possible.

OMG Hockley Valley on the weekend must be stupid

I stopped going once I saw cops almost every day of the week.

Ride bright and early.

Speed limit on straights.

On popular roads, do a test run and scope it out, circle back when free.

OPP was out in full force this weekend, everywhere. It was crazy! I experienced it personally. :(

I saw so many cops this weekend, I've been looking at dirtbikes.

And they were all over back roads as well. Concession 3 east of Bowmanville. Mt Horeb rd S/E of Lindsay. While not rural, they are not main roads.

It had to be some sort of blitz.

Edit: and I know they were all over main roads as well. all the 400 hwys, lakeridge rd, the 507. every hill crest, blind corner or bridge passing had me expecting them.

Back
Top Bottom