Old Katana | GTAMotorcycle.com

Old Katana

rureddy

Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen this old Katana. It was mine from many years ago and I wonder if it's still around. It would have a black seat and 1st Generation Hindle Pipe

katana.JPG

Thanks

One of my fave bikes. There was thread a few years ago about an abandoned Kat that had been chained up in Toronto someplace that was black but it was outside for years and was a mess. Maybe its that one..

I first saw that bike as a kid at Mosport, they did a demo lap on one a year before it was released, and I was freaking out.
The riders there that day hated it. Kept calling it "ugly". (everything back then was looking like a CB750).

Huge fan base for parts, and I've seen some selling for $5K. This was one of the first bikes actually designed by an industrial designer, as opposed to engineers.

Someone was selling a later model Katana with the pop-up headlamp a few months back on Kijiji.

2u5fbd4.jpg

Too bad you didn't keep the VIN, you could try and buy a UVIP and see where it is now.

I first saw that bike as a kid at Mosport, they did a demo lap on one a year before it was released, and I was freaking out.
The riders there that day hated it. Kept calling it "ugly". (everything back then was looking like a CB750).

Huge fan base for parts, and I've seen some selling for $5K. This was one of the first bikes actually designed by an industrial designer, as opposed to engineers.

Someone was selling a later model Katana with the pop-up headlamp a few months back on Kijiji.

2u5fbd4.jpg

Too bad you didn't keep the VIN, you could try and buy a UVIP and see where it is now.

Is my dream bike (with or without the pop up).

2u5fbd4.jpg

This looks likes the one I sold about 5 years ago. I had it for 15 years and back in 1990 I bought the euro signals that you see here. At the time I think I was one of the only one with the kit.
Missed all these replies, I thought I had the post flagged for replies. The pic of my old 82 Kat is from 1988 and I and thinking to go back old school. I currently have a mint ZRX 1100 if anyone is interested in a trade.

This looks really familiar. Im not sure if i have seen it on kijiji or on a street several years back.

I lived in Weston back in the day and rode it a lot. Bought it in the fall of 85 and sold it the fall of 88. Put over 55k on the bike..

Beautiful bike. Rode on the back of one in the late 80s. (2 ball rule isnt a thing downunder ;-) I saw one in Montreal a few years ago in pristine condition... I wish i took pics.

Back
Top Bottom