Is this a Ducati year...?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this a Ducati year...??

The newer 821cc L-twins on the hypermotard and monsters has the 24,000km service intervals so no worse than the Japanesa. Same with the older 848 EVO engine that's in my streetfighter, loving the bike so far perfect streetbike and I believe 2015 was the last year their making these!

This may become a Ducati year yet for me, I was in at apex looking for a new ktm xc250 and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a new Diavel, wow do you sit into that bike, they offered me a test ride . I passed as it would have become a very expensive day, I was suprised they offered me a test ride without me asking for one, brave of a dealer to offer me a 162hp sport cruiser to go test ride, I'm going Friday to further investigate. I really like the multistrada as well. I think the scrambler is a perfect bike if you lived downtown with potholes and streetcar tracks , light , big sidewalls with good suspension with respectable hp.

I don't mind the scrambler at all, but I don't want to roll up my pants cuffs and grow a big beard. :D

Ducati is making serious efforts at reliability since Audi bought them. They knew when the bought the company that reliability and after-sales support was the only thing holding sales back.
Shaft driven bikes are making less sense as chains are lasting longer than typical shaft drives these days.

Another option in that range is Triumph Tiger Triples. Triumph has been doing record sales in Canada. The XR is around 12K.

I have an '84 shaft drive, and a friend a '78 shaft drive.
I never would have guessed that a chain would last 40+ years.

I have an '84 shaft drive, and a friend a '78 shaft drive.
I never would have guessed that a chain would last 40+ years.

on the other hand, some BMW shaft bearings and seals won't typically make it past 20,000 and good O-ring chains can get much more than that.

Anything can last 40 years, depends how much you ride it.

I've seen 4 or 5 at this point, they're very cartoonish.

I think you're right.

34596a803815c5c48eaae84d9f4983e6.jpg

The newer 821cc L-twins on the hypermotard and monsters has the 24,000km service intervals so no worse than the Japanesa. Same with the older 848 EVO engine that's in my streetfighter, loving the bike so far perfect streetbike and I believe 2015 was the last year their making these!

It's certainly better than the old air-cooled engines, though my Yamaha has 40,000km intervals.

Back
Top Bottom