250R Engine Oil Window Empty | GTAMotorcycle.com

250R Engine Oil Window Empty

iFly55

Doing an oil change on a 2011 250R, while doing it i could see the oil in the window and carefully added oil so that it was just below the top.

Then while I was cleaning up, I came back check the oil level and the window was completely blank. I rode around for a bit, and it still showed empty.

I took out the drain plug, and put the oil back in... and it's still blank.

Anyone have any ideas? Probably n00b question.

I'm also checking the oil level on a flat surface upright and everything; and nothing is showing in the window.

KYVvXrX.png

On7DppN.jpg

Doing an oil change on a 2011 250R, while doing it i could see the oil in the window and carefully added oil so that it was just below the top.

Then while I was cleaning up, I came back check the oil level and the window was completely blank. I rode around for a bit, and it still showed empty.

I took out the drain plug, and put the oil back in... and it's still blank.

Anyone have any ideas? Probably n00b question.

I'm also checking the oil level on a flat surface upright and everything; and nothing is showing in the window.

KYVvXrX.png

On7DppN.jpg

Engine is hot and the oil is up in the engine and crankcase... Let the bike come down in temp and see where the oil is. With the bike "warm" the oil should be in the middle of the sight glass usually.

Thanks for the help everyone, the culprit appears to be the oil filter which absorbed the oil. I added some more oil, and it came back into the window.

I was expecting some drop after topping it off, but didn't expect it to go zero.

PGgRifU.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone, the culprit appears to be the oil filter which absorbed the oil. I added some more oil, and it came back into the window.

I was expecting some drop after topping it off, but didn't expect it to go zero.

PGgRifU.jpg

It didn't go to zero. It went from 100% full to 90% full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah listen to that guy! Your at the high spot in the sight glass add more and oil soak ur airfilter... Just because it takes more than 1.5l doesn't mean he got all the old oil out... If that's your sight glass its perfectly fine don't go above the high line. I always go 1/2 to 3/4 that's why there's two lines low and high...

Yeah listen to that guy! Your at the high spot in the sight glass add more and oil soak ur airfilter... Just because it takes more than 1.5l doesn't mean he got all the old oil out... If that's your sight glass its perfectly fine don't go above the high line. I always go 1/2 to 3/4 that's why there's two lines low and high...

You might be adding too little, compare what you added to get to 3/4 to what your manual states is required when changing.

You might be adding too little, compare what you added to get to 3/4 to what your manual states is required when changing.
It doesn't matter what the manual says lol sightglass and dipsticks are there for a reason... You fill yours full and then you get it hot then look and your overfull,trust me I know lol
That said 3/4 always gets me perfect manual amount,I ride hard and drop burning hot oil and get every bit of it out.
Its not rocket science.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom