need help deciding on the rear shock (ohlins or elka) | GTAMotorcycle.com

need help deciding on the rear shock (ohlins or elka)

rakkaus

looking for a new shock on the cbr250, it's either ohlins or elka, ohlins is a bit more expensive like $100 more but i dont know if it's more superior than Elka.
any thought?

elka = 450 + shipping(20) from Quebec

ohlins = 565 through Sturgess.

Elka is made in Canada. Work very well. And can be serviced everywhere. And come sprung for you. Ohlins will come fitted with a 9.5. So. Add the cost to respring in there

Elka is made in Canada. Work very well. And can be serviced everywhere. And come sprung for you. Ohlins will come fitted with a 9.5. So. Add the cost to respring in there

I was asked for my riding weight when I ordered my Ohlins stuff. They come with the appropriate springs.

I was asked for my riding weight when I ordered my Ohlins stuff. They come with the appropriate springs.
Ya. That what everyone thinks.
a small bike. And. WhAt ? 105-115Lbs rider. I would say7-7.5. Spring. But what do I know.

Last edited:
Talk to John @ Accelerated Technologies - he takes care of Jody Christie's race bikes and has lots of experience with both.

http://www.acceltechracing.com/
I love my Elka that John installed for me :)

2012-09-20-TMP_racer5_trackday_pic02.jpg

Just to be contrary...the Penske shock I have has a user replaceable (no special tools) spring in case that's important to you. I got a double clicker but the shock is easily upgradeable too.

I've had both; both are awesome and for the relevant application, I'd go elka and save the extra $$. Had my current elka for years; flawless operation so far

Back
Top Bottom