Slime | GTAMotorcycle.com

Slime

abkdt41

Has anyone used slime tire sealant to repair a tire ? My front tire is slowly leaking air but don't want to replace them as they fairly new.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It is a temporary fix for a tire that you don't care about.Snowblower,golfcart,etc etc.It will make a huge mess that will be really fun to clean up when you change the tire next time.

What are my other options... Tire is almost brand new

Where is the leak?Punture,bead or valve stem?A spray bottle with soapy water will find it.

Patch

Paging johnscruiser...

I use the stuff all the time in ATV , golf cart , lawn mower tires... and I love it !! I had a difficult time with a couple car tires ,, and it did the job. so I have it in gal jugs
recently, I was talking to a vendor who sell the stuff.. and they just made a huge deal where as 2 large automotive makes have bought a small compressor / slime kit that can take the place of a spare tire.. so I forget which cars.. but they won't have a spare.. but a slime kit from the factory.
If I had a tubeless motorcycle tire.. and I couldn't find the leak to patch, then I'd slime it..

I found it difficult to squeeze it in thru the valve stem.... so I use a Vac pump to remove the air from the tire,, and I use a dollar store ketchup squeeze bottle with a short length of clear fuel line that fits over the valve stem... so I can watch it drain

What are my other options... Tire is almost brand new

I've used slime to temporarily fix nail and screws holes in the tread of tires on truck and cars until its time to put new tires on up to three and four years later. It works quite well enough for certain types of punctures in the read area.

It won't work for sidewall stuff, but I have used slime to address a very slow bead seal leak on the dump trailer that I pull along behind my garden tractor. Cheap chinese off-road tires used to deflate every month or two from sitting, but coating the rime edge with slime and reinflating seems to have fixed that.

Also used it successfully on slow leaks in my 15-year-old garden tractor tires that I think are coming from dry rot. I'm not worried about slime mess when changing tires because let's face it, how often do you change tires? I like the convenience and insurance that slime gives against leaks. With my truck, it goes in as soon as the new tires goes on to be proactive against the nails I inevitably pick up in the truck.

Has anyone used slime tire sealant to repair a tire ? My front tire is slowly leaking air but don't want to replace them as they fairly new.

Used it on a friends bike last year. Fixed a puncture caused by a nail, then used slime bottle and compressed air. Tire held for two days doing highway + speeds back to gta. It's designed robust you home, and as a long term solution

Back
Top Bottom